Saturday, June 29, 2019

Review: Twisted Palace (The Royals #3) by Erin Watt

Title: Twisted Palace
Series: The Royals #3
Author: Erin Watt
Publisher: Everafter Romance
Published: October 17, 2016
Pages: 370
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult, New Adult
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
These Royals will ruin you…

From mortal enemies to unexpected allies, two teenagers try to protect everything that matters most.

Ella Harper has met every challenge that life has thrown her way. She’s tough, resilient, and willing to do whatever it takes to defend the people she loves, but the challenge of a long-lost father and a boyfriend whose life is on the line might be too much for even Ella to overcome.

Reed Royal has a quick temper and even faster fists. But his tendency to meet every obstacle with violence has finally caught up with him. If he wants to save himself and the girl he loves, he’ll need to rise above his tortured past and tarnished reputation.

No one believes Ella can survive the Royals. Everyone is sure Reed will destroy them all.
They may be right.

With everything and everyone conspiring to keep them apart, Ella and Reed must find a way to beat the law, save their families, and unravel all the secrets in their Twisted Palace.



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

My god, this book series would make such an incredible Netflix show or film! The drama contained in this series could rival that of a soap opera and come out the top contender. I have fallen so in love with this series. 

I have to applaud the author on the construction of the plot in this series. Shit seriously hits the fan in the third book of The Royals series. There are so many shocking things going on that you will get whiplash. The suspense is almost unbearable. I was on the edge of my seat with anticipation and I was consuming every page faster than the last. The plot keeps the reader's interest throughout the series and the pacing of the story never lags. The plot twists were surprising and cleverly crafted. I did think that the big reveal at the end of the story happened a little too quickly with almost no recovery time. It all happened in the last 10% of the book and I would have liked it drawn out a bit more. There is no cliffhanger or anything like that, I just would have liked more finality. I suppose there will be more in the last two books of the series, but this book kind of feels like it should be more final since the next two books center on Easton. 

I still really love the world-building in this series. This book had a lot of the same, but it doesn't falter. The world-building was set up well in the first book and each book since has followed in it's footsteps. I love how I feel like I am right inside this world of wealthy assholes. 

The characters are still my favorite thing about this series. The characters are not flawless like they can be in a lot of books. These characters have their issues and their demons. The character growth is really great. Especially for the main characters. I love seeing the changes in them and seeing them at face value. We really get to see inside their souls as they confront their own struggles. The chemistry between the characters has always been incredible so I have to give the authors praise for their writing style. These are the types of characters that the reader will care about. They are written extremely well. 

I'm still loving the romance. In this book of the series, there is major conflict where the romance is concerned. Ella and Reed have opposition from Ella's father and they also have other conflicts that they have to fight through. I love the focus on sticking with each other no matter what happens. 

While there is a plethora of drama going on in this book, I really appreciate how the authors focus on emotion. The emotions of the characters are not glossed over at all. We get to see how things affect them and how they deal with them. The situations that occur in the book are serious and the emotions that are displayed are very adequate portrayals. I like how the authors were able to evoke emotion with tiny things like character chemistry or a gesture or a look.

Overall, I am totally amazed by this series! This book was fantastic! I couldn't have asked for a better ending to Ella and Reed's love story. (Though I hope that there will be more of them in the last two books!) I am eager to experience Easton's story. His character has been one of my favorites. I am ready to learn more about this tortured boy. I highly recommend this series to anyone that isn't bothered by sensitive issues. There are a lot of those in this series, so if you are triggered easily by serious issues then this is probably not the book series for you. And if someone at Netflix is reading this review, please, oh pretty please consider this for a Netflix original series! This series puts Pretty Little Liars to shame with all the drama. It's addicting!


Check out my reviews for the other books in this series!

Paper Princess (The Royals #1)


Find my review here.

Broken Prince (The Royals #2)


Find my review here.


As I stated in my review, I think that this series would make the ultimate Netflix series. What are some book series that you think would be incredible Netflix series?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design