Thursday, June 6, 2019

Review: Rise From The Embers (Lightness Saga #4) by Stacey Marie Brown

Title: Rise From The Embers
Series: Lightness Saga #4
Author: Stacey Marie Brown
Publisher: Twisted Fairy Publishing
Published: August 31, 2018
Pages: 401
Genres: New Adult, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
The King has fallen!

While Stavros moves to take over Lars’s throne, the war for the entire kingdom begins. However, this is no ordinary war against Seelie or Unseelie. The real enemy is the most powerful object in the world. The Stone of Fail.

Lars isn’t the only one the stone wants. Zoey Daniels is next on its list. And the stone will do whatever it takes to finally get the girl.

With a battle on all sides and lives of those they love threatened fae, humans, Druids, pixies, and a certain sprite-monkey will have to come together to save the true King, along with the world, from destruction.

Out of ashes, true heroes Rise from the Embers.

Don’t miss the FINAL installment of the Dark/Light/Collector Series, where your favorite characters unite to try and protect those they love, and the earth from the ultimate opponent.

Ember, Zoey, Kennedy, and Fionna lead the fight, but be prepared…Not everyone will make it out alive.



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

Holy nerf-herding crap on ash bark honey tits shite! I can't believe that this journey is at an end. I am so overcome with emotions right now that it feels like the cosmos are breaking apart inside my head and heart. This world that Stacey Marie Brown has created in the Darkness series, the Collector series, and the Lightness Saga is brilliant. Fucking brilliant, okay? The scope of the story arcing over these three series is daunting and invigorating at the same time. It will leave you in awe and I can't help but lust after this breathtaking world with complete admiration. 

I loved that this book was told from multiple points of view- the four heroines across all three series. I do like hearing the male point of view as well, but I think that if the male point of view was added to their female mates then it would have been overwhelming to keep track of it all. At least, for most people. I wouldn't have minded though. I love getting inside the mind of the males. 

One of the strongest things about all of the series set in this world is the characters. They make an intriguing storyline seem epic. It's like the difference between being satisfied and being in euphoria. The characters are so well developed and bring so much emotion into the story. The chemistry between each of the characters is phenomenal and you can feel the magnitude of it when you read these books. I loved that all of the characters from each series came together in this final book. I feel so attached to these characters that I am already going through withdrawal and suffering from a severe case of book hangover. 

The romance has a different feel since the romances have already been established from previous books. The romance between Lars and Fionna and between Ryker and Zoey are more desperate and emotional since the couples are apart and everyone is trying to save Lars and Zoey from the stone. The romance between Eli and Ember and between Lorcan and Kennedy are more relaxed since they have settled into them, but strong nonetheless. I loved seeing all the couples interact. I loved the family aspect throughout as well since their romances bring everyone together. 

Brown does an amazing job orchestrating the plot. Not only in this book but with the storyline as a whole. Each book in each of the series in this world has a strong and intriguing plot and each book's plot weaves into the next book with ease. The overall plot is clever and designed beautifully. I have always loved the originality of the premise for this world. Brown is imaginative and has created a story that will imprint on your soul. I really loved the plot twists in this final book. I was pleasantly surprised by several of the big plot twists at the end that I was not expecting. 

That ending could not have been any better. It was just perfect and bittersweet. I was so overcome with emotion that I was literally weeping like a child whose pet died. I feel so deeply for these characters that they are a part of me now. 

The only fault that this book had was a desperate need for editing. I came across many grammatical and spelling errors. There were some severe spelling errors in regards to proper names from previous books as well as established acronyms from previous books. 

Overall, this is such a phenomenal book world! The story contained within the Darkness series, the Collector series, and the Lightness Saga is so captivating that it will sear into your soul and become one with you. This story contains everything you could want in a good story. If you want characters that come alive, an amazingly original paranormal world, high stakes, steamy romance, and a masterful plot then you need to read these books! You will fall in love with this world and will never want to leave. This is a series that I will definitely return to in the future. I will certainly be on the lookout for any new book by Stacey Marie Brown. Thank you, Stacey. You have done us all a great service. 


Check out my reviews for the other books in this series!


The Crown of Light (Lightness Saga #1)

Find my review here.

Lightness Falling (Lightness Saga #2)

Find my review here.

The Fall of the King (Lightness Saga #3)

Find my review here.


This is one of the best conclusions to a series that I have ever read. It blew my mind! What are some of your favorite series with great endings? Which new books are on your radar?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design