Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Review: The Fall Of The King (Lightness Saga #3) by Stacey Marie Brown

Title: The Fall Of The King
Series: Lightness Saga #3
Author: Stacey Marie Brown
Publisher: Twisted Fairy Publishing
Published: October 12, 2017
Pages: 423
Genres: New Adult, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
There is nothing the Unseelie king doesn’t acquire. 

That was until he meets Fionna Cathbad. 

A fierce druid, who won’t bow to anyone. Especially Lars. The demon king has every right to kill her, her treasonous acts against the crown are undisputable. But, she is the key to the one thing he wants more than anything. The cauldron of dagda. A powerful treasure that no fae should possess. 

To get what he wants, he finds the very thing that forces her to help him, leading them down a dangerous path. 

Because it’s not only Fionna who is deceiving him. His own mind is starting to turn on him, twisting his sanity, and releasing the demon he keeps pinned up. 

As old ghosts and new foes step up into this game, Lars needs to find the cauldron before all is lost. 
His kingdom and himself. 



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

If I am being honest, I was a little intimidated at the thought of reading this book. Eager to read it, yes, but also apprehensive. Lars is such a special character and I was nervous that I wouldn't like his voice. I thought that if I got to know Lars on a deeper level then the magic would be undone and I wouldn't see him in the same light anymore. Luckily, I was just getting myself worked up for nothing because I was very impressed by his character.

The amazing thing about the world encased in the Darkness series, the Collector series, and the Lightness Saga is that the characters are completely captivating. Just as much as the world itself. The characters are very deep and extremely complex. Lars is no different. He has been woven into this huge story, but this is the first time that we get to hear his voice. Lars is just as captivating as the other characters in this world that I have come to love so dearly. I loved that Brown was able to capture the essence of Lars power while still opening him up to the reader. Getting to know Lars inner thoughts and the demons that he fights inside didn't diminish the authoritative qualities of his character. I didn't think that it would be possible before reading this, but I think that getting to know Lars and seeing him relaxed instead of the demon that we have come to know has made his character stronger. More real. I also loved getting to know Fionna's character. She is strong and won't back down from a challenge, no matter the opponent. She fights for what she believes in. I also loved her humor. I loved when she and Lars would make snide comments to each other and make each other smile or smirk. 

The romance was perfect. Another slow-burn hate-to-love romance that sizzles with so much intensity. Brown is a master at writing gripping chemistry between characters. All of her books, and this one is no different, have the most incredible chemistry between the characters. Not just with the romantic characters, but all of them. The romantic couples in her books just ooze with more spark. The romance in this book is just as addicting as her other romances. I loved the compatibility of Lars and Fionna. Lars always seemed so untouchable, even in love. Almost like he was so powerful that he could overshadow things like love. But if anything that just made their love story that much more intense. And the fact that Fionna truly is his equal, with her power and her unabashed way of never backing down, just electrifies the chemistry. I was very impressed with their love story. Things kind of left off on a cliffhanger, but I am so hoping for a happy ending for them in the final book.

Like with the other books set in this world and story, this one builds off of the previous world-building. Most of it is already established from the previous books, but I did enjoy the details about the different places that Lars and Fionna traveled to in the book. The descriptions of the people and surroundings were also great.

The loved both the self-contained plot of this book, of Lars and Fionna's story, and also the all-encompassing plot from all three series: the Darkness series, the Collector series, and the Lightness Saga. I love how clever and well put together the overall plot is. So much time and energy must have gone into the story, and it shows. It's brilliant, and I love it! I love the overall premise of this story and the world itself. I love the originality and freshness. 

Overall, I was thrilled by this book! Getting to know a King is an intimate endeavor that I am honored to have undertaken by reading this book. This is the sort of paranormal romance that ignites my heart. I love that the romance is present throughout the book but it doesn't dominate the story. It lives and breathes with the story. The same with the other books in this world. If you love feisty female characters, dominant bad boys, intriguing world-building, riveting plot, and romance that will burn your insides then pick up the first book in this world, Darkness of Light, and thank me later. 


Check out my reviews for the other books in this series!


The Crown of Light (Lightness Saga #1)

Find my review here.

Lightness Falling (Lightness Saga #2)

Find my review here.


Do you like to read indie titles? If so, what was the last indie title to blow your mind? What have you been excited to read lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design