Monday, June 17, 2019

Review: Neutral (Curse of the Gods #4.5) by Jaymin Eve & Jane Washington

Title: Neutral
Series: Curse of the Gods #4.5
Author: Jaymin Eve, Jane Washington
Publisher: Jaymin Eve, Jane Washington
Published: September 30, 2018
Pages: 119
Genres: Fantasy, New Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Reverse Harem
Source: Kindle Unlimited
~~~~~
Sometimes, the end is only the beginning. 

Emmy was born a dweller and she expected to die as a dweller ... until Willa changed everything. Now she has no idea of her path, and she certainly wasn't prepared for what would happen after her death. Caught in the middle of a war that threatened to prove much more significant than anyone had ever expected, there is only one person who can help her ... but his terms are steep. 

Cyrus was born out of necessity: a being of light, brought to life with a singular purpose. Time has changed him and the recent events have unsettled him … but a certain transformed dweller is about to do much worse than that. She is about to turn his existence upside down. 

Topia is giving them no choice: they survive together, or the war is lost. 



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

I absolutely loved this novella! I sometimes skip over novellas when reading a series and stick with the core books, but I was so ingrained in this story that I picked this one up. I am so glad that I did! 

This novella focuses on Emmy and Cyrus and I could not have been more thrilled! Emmy and Cyrus are two characters that I was so curious to know more about on a deeper level during the first four books on the series. I loved that this novella was written in dual POV, switching from Emmy to Cyrus throughout the story. I loved getting in their heads. It really brings the character development up a notch. 

I loved the romance between them. Their coming together was the central part of the story and I loved every moment. There is a hate-to-love vibe going on in the beginning, at least from Emmy's side of things. The romance was built up from their interactions in the previous book. It didn't take long for it to take root, but that still didn't make it feel too rushed. Yes, I would have loved it if they had been building up the relationship longer from even earlier books in the series, but it is still satisfying nonetheless. I totally ship Cyrus and Emmy as a couple and I can't wait to see what becomes of them in the final book!

This novella takes place during the last parts of book four and then it goes beyond the end of book four. While this story is focused on Emmy and Cyrus, we do get to spend a little time with Willa and her Abcurses. I loved that this novella was similar to the other books in the series with regard to humor. There were a couple of scenes in the book that literally had me laughing out loud. I very much enjoy that in a book. 

Overall, I would definitely recommend reading this novella before starting the final book in the series. There is a lot of pertinent information for the development of the plot and the relationship between Cyrus and Emmy is a joy to read. This novella is definitely an asset to the series!


Check out my review for the first book in this series!

Trickery (Curse of the Gods #1)


Find my review here.

Persuasion (Curse of the Gods #2)


Find my review here.

Seduction (Curse of the Gods #3)


Find my review here.

Strength (Curse of the Gods #4)


Find my review here.


This novella was an important addition to the story in this series. I don't always read the novellas in a series, but I try to. Do you enjoy reading novellas? Do you think that they add more to the story? What new releases are you looking forward to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design