Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Review: Broken Prince (The Royals #2) by Erin Watt

Title: Broken Prince
Series: The Royals #2
Author: Erin Watt
Publisher: Everafter Romance
Published: July 25, 2016
Pages: 370
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult, New Adult
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
From wharf fights and school brawls to crumbling lives inside glittery mansions, one guy tries to save himself. 

THESE ROYALS WILL RUIN YOU...

Reed Royal has it all—looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life.

What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely—keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him.

Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other.

SHE MIGHT BE RIGHT. 

Secrets. Betrayal. Enemies. It’s like nothing Reed has ever dealt with before, and if he’s going to win back his princess, he’ll need to prove himself Royally worthy.



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

This series is fantastic! I was just as engrossed by this book as I was the first book. Probably even more so. This series is more addicting than caffeine. If I could bottle its essence and sell it then I would be set for life.

Forget everything you know about a good plot. This book will redefine plot for you. I hardly have words for how the plot in this story thickens in this book. It's almost magical. The drama factor keeps on working in this book. As I said in my review for Paper Princess, the drama in this book is entirely believable where it can come across as far-fetched or juvenile in other books. I don't know what kind of magical plot-constructing glue the author uses to bring the story together, but it sure as hell works. The storytelling is riveting and you will not want to put this book down.

The world-building is just as fantastic in this book as it was in Paper Princess. I truly felt like I was right in the middle of this posh world rubbing elbows with all of the bratty rich kids. The details really made it easy for me to live through the main character's shoes. 

The characters in this series are truly magnificent and they get even better in this book. They have so much depth and character growth. I love how each character can stand on their own. They don't have to be a part of a crowd to feel significant to the story. The characters have flaws and they have their own demons that come across in the story. There are no "perfect" characters. The characters are real and they feel real. The chemistry between the characters is explosive and just as addicting as the plot. The way that the characters interact and speak to each other will give you goosebumps. You will love every moment of it and continually crave more. 

I don't know how it is possible, but the romance gets soo much better in this book! There is a complete 180-degree turn in the romance. The hate-to-love romance that I loved in the first book gets a repeat, though different now since they've loved before and since the guy is trying to atone for his actions in the first book and convince the girl to love him again. The hate-to-love dynamic is still there and it totally works, OMG it works! I loved the progression and development of romance in this book. There is more emotion and the relationship actually grows through all of the struggles that the characters go through in the story. 

Overall, I had no idea that this series could get inherently better than the first book, but I am sure glad that it did! I was so very impressed with the storytelling in this book and it really does add a great deal to the series as a whole. I already have my copy of the third book, Twisted Palace, and I will be starting that once this review is posted. Again, I feel the need to put it out there that this series may be about teenagers in high school but it is written like a new adult book. There are very adult things going on and there are some serious themes and content included in the story. If you are not comfortable with sensitive issues then this may not be the best-suited book series for you. Otherwise, I definitely recommend this book and the series. If you want to read something that will grab your attention and keep the suspense coursing through your veins then pick up this series and have a go!


Check out my review for the first book in this series!

Paper Princess (The Royals #1)


Find my review here.


This series has so much drama and I love it!  What are some authors that you auto-buy releases from?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design