Sunday, June 30, 2019

Review: Fallen Heir (The Royals #4) by Erin Watt

Title: Fallen Heir
Series: The Royals #4
Author: Erin Watt
Publisher: Timeout LLC
Published: August 28, 2017
Pages: 339
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult, New Adult
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
These Royals will ruin you.

Easton Royal has it all: looks, money, intelligence. His goal in life is to have as much fun as possible. He never thinks about the consequences because he doesn’t have to.

Until Hartley Wright appears, shaking up his easy life. She’s the one girl who’s said no, despite being attracted to him. Easton can’t figure her out and that makes her all the more irresistible.

Hartley doesn’t want him. She says he needs to grow up.

She might be right.

Rivals. Rules. Regrets. For the first time in Easton’s life, wearing a Royal crown isn’t enough. He’s about to learn that the higher you start, the harder you fall. 



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

I was so eager and excited to read a book centered around Easton. He was the character that I gravitated to in the first three books and I am overjoyed that we get to hear his story as well. This book definitely did not disappoint. 

The world-building was pretty much set up in the first book of the series. This is a contemporary series that takes place around predominantly wealthy people. The authors did a good job of making me believe the extravagance of wealth. Their world-building really brought me into the story. I truly felt like I was experiencing things with the characters. This book is no different from that first book. The details perfectly describe the surroundings and very much set the mood. 

I really enjoyed the plot in this book. While this story centers upon a different character than the first three books, the main story arc still continues. I was glad for this because I really wanted to know how things were going with all of the characters that I came to love in the previous books. I loved how Easton's part of the story is woven into things that occurred in the previous books. Things are not always what they seem and the suspense was tantalizing!

The character development in this book in amazing. Easton is in a dark place and his struggles are evident throughout the book. We get to see him spiral down and try to face his demons while also falling in love for the first time. I really felt connected to his character. I also loved Hartley's character development. She is also going through some serious issues and I really loved her journey. She closes herself off from everyone and Easton weasels his way into her life. They are both lonely at the core and their characters compliment each other quite well. 

On that note, the romance was lovely. It is nice to see another side to Easton. He has been a total man-whore throughout the series, but then he starts falling in love with Hartley and it changes him. She completes him in a way that no one else has before. When they first meet Hartley wants nothing to do with him and tells him as such. He persists though because she intrigues him. No girl has ever said "no" to Easton Royal. He pretty much forces his way into her life to get to know her, though not in a creepy way. They make a deal to be "friends" and Hartley makes him promise that it will only be friends. The way that they fall in love is really beautiful. There is jealousy, friendship, and love in all the right ways. 

Overall, this was a brilliant addition to this series! The drama is still running strong in all the right ways. If you loved the first three books then you will love this one as well! I loved Easton's voice just as much as I loved Ella and Reed's voices. Perhaps even more than theirs. This book will play cat and mouse with your emotions and leave you wanting more. I can't wait to finish the last book of the series!


Check out my reviews for the other books in this series!

Paper Princess (The Royals #1)


Find my review here.

Broken Prince (The Royals #2)


Find my review here.

Twisted Palace (The Royals #3)


Find my review here.


This book was centered on a different character than the first three books in the series. I really loved getting to hear another voice in this series. Do you enjoy reading books from multiple points of view? Do you like book series that alternate the POV from book to book?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design