Friday, June 14, 2019

Review: Seduction (Curse of the Gods #3) by Jaymin Eve & Jane Washington

Title: Seduction
Series: Curse of the Gods #3
Author: Jaymin Eve, Jane Washington
Publisher: Jaymin Eve, Jane Washington
Published: November 30, 2017
Pages: 267
Genres: Fantasy, New Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Reverse Harem
Source: Kindle Unlimited
~~~~~
Willa Knight: Dweller? Sol? Accidental evolutionary hiccup?

Willa has never been a particularly useful dweller: she isn’t very good at chores, she isn’t very good at worshipping, she isn’t very good at not having opinions, and she isn’t very good with rules—but none of that matters anymore.
The rules are changing.
The dwellers are trying to make their own way in the world, and Willa can’t seem to help getting tangled up in their plans.
Luckily, she has the Abcurse brothers to help her out—until she doesn’t, and suddenly she’s alone again in a world on the brink of chaos. With the Abcurses gone, she’ll have to rely on her wits, and her sister Emmy, to stay under the radar and survive.
Because someone wants her dead.

But, really, what else is new?



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

This series is getting so good! I am racing through this series at the speed of light. I cannot get enough of spunky Willa Knight and her drop-dead--gorgeous Abcurse brothers. 

I just love the characters in this. I love their dynamic. As absurd as the idea of five brothers loving one girl sounds, it simply works in this series. The relationship between the characters and their chemistry with each other is written very well. I love the character growth that we see with Willa, and even with the Abcurse brothers. I am still curious about Cyrus. I don't think that he is a bad guy and I really want him to show us his hand in this godly deck of cards. I still think that there should be more of Emmy in this series. She is an important person in Willa's life and I would think that she would be present in Willa's life more than she has been. And I would have liked to see the Abcurse brothers soften to her more than they do. It feels like they simply tolerate Emmy because of who she is to Willa, but it seems like they don't truly care. If you love someone you typically care about who they care about on principle. 

We finally get some actual romance in this book, which I was happy to see. The slow-burn method really pays off in this book and makes it all worth it. The bonds that have been created are so strong that it makes the romance burn. The sexual tension in this series is off the charts. I was honestly happy to see Willa seal the deal with at least one (or two) of the Abcurse brothers. I was actually surprised to see which brother got the honor of being first. Nonetheless, my shipper heart was beating like a drum since I love all the Abcurse brothers. I did think that the sex scene was way too short and not as detailed as it should have been. It was over way too quickly. I am curious if the dynamic will continue the way it has or if there will be any tension in the next books. 

I liked that the plot had some more depth in this book. We are finally getting some answers to questions that we have been asking, even if we aren't getting the entire picture. There are still so many things unanswered, but I feel like this book expanded on many things. The plot keeps a very good pacing and stays true to the balance that the previous books maintained. I love that the story is filled with humor while still having some emotional moments. I still love the premise of this series. This series is really lighthearted and is really wonderful if you don't take it too seriously. I feel that the premise could have worked even better with a more serious tone though. 

The world-building was much better in this book. We get to see some of the strange inner workings of this world where the gods are concerned. I loved the small history lesson about Topia from the panteras. A lot of it was vague as hell, but it did make me question a lot of things about the gods. I am so curious to learn more about Staviti. He is hiding something, I can just feel it. 

Overall, I am totally hooked on this series! This series is addictive and will entertain you from the first pages. If you are looking for a light fantasy read with plenty of hot gods and a quirky heroine that answers to no one then you've found it. I can't wait to begin reading Strength!


Check out my review for the first book in this series!

Trickery (Curse of the Gods #1)


Find my review here.

Persuasion (Curse of the Gods #2)


Find my review here.


I normally like fantasy books with in-depth world-building, but this series contains just enough to get by. Do you tend to enjoy fantasy stories with more or less world-building? For me, it adds more to the story. I like to know everything. What is the last great fantasy book that you read? What books have you added to your TBR this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design