Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: The Most Precious Books on My Shelf


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for book bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is Books That I Refuse to Let Anyone Touch so I've translated that to:


THE MOST PRECIOUS BOOKS ON MY SHELF
~~~~~
I have a rather smallish physical bookshelf but there are a few books on my shelf that I cherish. Some of them are special editions, some are signed by the authors, and some are just special to me because of the story.
~~~~~
1.
The Cruel Prince
(The Folk of the Air #1)
by Holly Black
OWLCRATE EDITION


I admit to being rather obsessed with this series. I actually didn't get a chance to order an OwlCrate for this book so my husband purchased this book for me on eBay. The price was outlandish at $125, but I suppose it was worth it since I adore it so much. 

2.
The Wicked King
(The Folk of the Air #2)
by Holly Black
OWLCRATE EDITION


Pretty much copy and paste my thoughts about The Cruel Prince OwlCrate Edition. My husband purchased this one for me as a gift from eBay. He paid $120 for this one. Apart from being a special edition and being from a book series that I am besotted with, I cherish these two books because I've honestly never spent this much money on a single book before. ðŸ’°

3.
Throne of Glass
(Throne of Glass #1)
by Sarah J. Maas
COLLECTOR'S EDITION


This special edition really is beautiful. The purple and gold colors are so striking and the cover designs are gorgeous. 

4.
My Leigh Bardugo Collection

   
   

I am trash for this woman's books. Complete trash. I will devour anything Leigh Bardugo writes. I have all of the Grishaverse books in hardcover and I truly do cherish these books. I hope to own a copy of each book with every different cover variation one of these days. Right now I only have the new cover edition of Ruin and Rising but I will get the others eventually. 

5.
Winter
(The Lunar Chronicles #4)
by Marissa Meyer
SIGNED & PERSONALIZED


I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book and a copy of Stars Above right after Stars Above was released. The person that hosted the giveaway went to a book signing and had both copies signed and personalized for me. 

6.
Stars Above
(The Lunar Chronicles #0.5, 0.6, 3.1, 4.5)
by Nicholas Sparks
SIGNED & PERSONALIZED


See my thoughts on Winter above.

7.
The Night Realm
(Spell Weaver #1)
by Annette Marie
ALTERNATE ORIGINAL COVER


Right after this book was released the author changed the cover. I was lucky enough to get a paperback copy with the original cover. I don't yet have paperback copies of the series with the new covers, but when I do get them they will look awesome with this one beside them. 

8.
And I Darken
(The Conqueror's Saga #1)
by Kiersten White
SIGNED COPY


This is a signed hardcover that I purchased from Target. It may not be personalized, but it is signed and the cover art is breathtaking.

9.
Now I Rise
(The Conqueror's Saga #2)
by Kiersten White
SIGNED COPY


Another signed hardback that I purchased at Target.

10.
Gemina
(The Illuminae Files #2)
by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
SIGNED COPY


And another signed hardback that I purchased at Target. Gods, I love that place!

What are some of the books on your shelf that are most precious to you? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design