Monday, May 27, 2019

Review: From Burning Ashes (Collector #4) by Stacey Marie Brown

Title: From Burning Ashes
Series: Collector #4
Author: Stacey Marie Brown
Publisher: Stacey Marie Brown
Published: May 30, 2016
Pages: 525
Genres: New Adult, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
This war is not being played on a battlefield.

Killed by the man she loves, not even death is kind to Zoey. 
Neither life nor her fae powers will let her go in peace. 

In this final installment, Zoey’s strength, determination, and trust are put to the ultimate test. In the fight to protect the people she loves and stop DMG from experimenting on fae, humans, and animals to create soldiers, she learns the reality of how far Dr. Rapava will go to achieve his ultimate mission.

Of course, Rapava is not the only one willing to go to extremes. Vadik is hunting Ryker, and there is nothing he won’t do to get back the property he feels is his: both Ryker and the Stone of Destiny.

To end one evil, Zoey might have to make a deal with another. One she won't be able to get out of. And it could be the worst decision she ever made.



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

This book was the perfect, most beautiful ending to this series! I am on such a book high right now! This is now, hands down, one of my all-time favorite book series. My head is such a jumble of thoughts right now that I don't know where to start. 

So let's start with the plot. It's insanely good, okay? And the pacing of the story is just perfect. I really love the way that things played out with regard to the plot. The events and obstacles in the plot are spaced out so evenly and everything flows together flawlessly. The plot is full of action and purpose. There are some exciting new developments in the story and some juicy plot twists. Some that I definitely didn't see coming. Some I was generally aware of but did not know how they would play out exactly. I was so happy with how the story ended. The only thing that I would have liked to see was what happened to Amara in the end. 

The characters in this book and the series as a whole are so well written. The character growth in this series is astounding. The characters have come so far from what they were at the beginning of the series. They have gone through so many obstacles and have struggled so much that it has changed them and brought out the best in them. I adore the side characters in this series. I think that the side characters compliment the main characters so much. The chemistry between the characters is amazing. I love the dialogues. Sprig's banter and his conversations with Zoey, Ryker, and Croygen brought me so much joy. (And laughter!) I also really liked the Unseelie King. There was something about him that I adored. I think that it was the way he regarded Zoey. He found her intriguing and didn't treat her as inferior. He seemed to really appreciate her personality traits and at times I think he found them amusing. The relationships that are formed throughout this series are so intense and completely heartwarming. I want to keep these characters in my heart forever. 

The world-building in this book is just as vivid as the first three books. There are plenty of details that perfectly describe the atmosphere of each scene. 

The romance in this book and series is a rollercoaster that you will want to ride. From enemies to allies to friends to lovers...this romance is full of intensity. I felt that the slow burn romance was convincing from the start and incredibly well written. The intimate scenes were hot and the way that the characters regarded and treated each other was beautiful. I will ship Zoey and Ryker hardcore until the end of days. 

Overall, this is a fabulous series that you should definitely experience for yourself. If you enjoy stories that are action-packed, with an invigorating plot, and characters that will make you feel every emotion on the Richter scale then you will be jazzed with this series. It has officially become one of my all-time favorite series. I am going to vigorously read through Stacey Marie Brown's backlist of books and keep her on my auto-buy list from now on!


Check out my reviews for the other books in this series!


City in Embers (Collector #1)

Find my review here.

The Barrier Between (Collector #2)

Find my review here.

Across the Divide (Collector #3)

Find my review here.


The lead characters in this series are both badasses. Plain and simple. And I happen to like my characters with a certain amount of badassery. What are some of your favorite badass characters? What books have you finished recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design