Saturday, May 4, 2019

Review: My Virtual Prince Charming (Geeks Gone Wild #2) by Maggie Dallen

Title: My Virtual Prince Charming
Series: Geeks Gone Wild #2
Author: Maggie Dallen
Publisher: Maggie Dallen
Published: March 6, 2019
Pages: 175
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Kindle Unlimited
~~~~~
Gamer vs Player 

Some girls have a dream guy, but Suzie's ideal boyfriend is totally real. He’s just...virtual.

Suzie doesn't need to see her online gaming buddy to know that he’s her perfect match. The problem lies in reality, AKA high school. Ever since a humiliating photo of her surfaced on the first day of senior year, she hasn't been able to escape the attention of Luke Warner, the hottie player who's apparently made it his mission to annoy her. Now that they're paired together in a programming contest there's no way she can avoid him...or their chemistry. His unexpected kisses might be earth shattering, but he’s so not her type.

Luke's got a secret, and it's one that could change everything between him and his new computer science partner. Suzie thinks he doesn’t know her at all, and she seems convinced that she doesn’t like him. But what if she knew that he was her online BFF? That would change everything. But will sharing his secret bring them together or tear them apart?



FREE with Kindle Unlimited!



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

This is the second book that I have read by this author and it was just as adorable as the first book in this series. Maybe even more so.

This book is pretty much a classic jock falling for the nerd trope, but not in a bad way. I actually really enjoyed the story and the direction that the plot went. I liked that the jock and the nerd were both gamers. 

I think that I liked the characters in this book even more than the first book. They were very real and the reader could see their personalities clearly. I felt that there could have been more depth to the characters, but overall they were very likable. Luke was especially adorable. I loved his attitude and his snark. I liked being able to see the other characters from the first book in the series as well. 

There was an underlying theme of trust throughout this book. We see it from more than one angle. There is also a theme of hiding behind a mask for people instead of showing your true colors. I liked the character growth by the end of the book in these areas. 

I did feel like this book was way too short. I think that this is where the lack of character depth comes from as well. It didn't make me enjoy the book any less, but I can't help but think of how much better it could have been with a little more. 

Overall, this was such a cute book. I read this in a single sitting. I couldn't put it down. If you enjoy fluffy high school contemporary romance then I definitely recommend this book. It is very entertaining and shines a light on some good points. 


Check out my review for the first book in this series!


Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild #1)
Find my review here.



THIS BOOK CONTRIBUTED TO THESE 2018 READING CHALLENGES
- New Release Challenge
- Let's Read Indie Challenge
- Stellar Series Challenge
- Library Love Challenge
- Contemporary Romance Challenge
- The Bad Boys of Romance Challenge
Check out my 2019 Challenge Page to see my progress!


Another adorable nerd romance. While the two main characters shared a central love for gaming, they were essentially opposites in all other regards. Do you enjoy opposites attract stories? What else have you been reading lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design