Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Excerpt Reveal: Center Ice (Boston Rebels #1) by Julia Connors

 
𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐜𝐞 by Julia Connors is releasing on January 19, 2024!!! This is a secret baby, he falls first, hockey romance you won’t want to miss!


Title:
Center Ice
Series: Boston Rebels #1
Author: Julia Connors
Release Date: January 19, 2024


I’ve always been a wild card – the first to start a fight on the ice, and the life of the party off it – but appearances can be deceiving.

Being traded to the Boston Rebels could not have come at a better time. With serious family obligations to fulfill and a contract renewal with a new hockey team on the line, I have no time for anything else. I return to Boston knowing I need to buckle down and focus on what really matters.

But the first night I’m back in town, I come face to face with Audrey, my college calculus tutor. We had a brief fling right before I was drafted into the NHL. Now, her five year old son is standing by her side, and I don’t need a tutor to do that kind of math.

Audrey insists she doesn’t want me involved in Graham’s life unless I can commit to being a dad. With everything else going on, this is the worst possible timing.

But every minute I spend with Graham and Audrey feels exactly right, and I’m left questioning everything I thought I wanted.

Because now my goals are shifting, and getting what I really want might come at the expense of the game I’ve given my entire life to.




Vote for 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐜𝐞 on Goodreads:
https://tinyurl.com/Jan24reads

Influencer Sign Up: https://forms.gle/Gt5NoX8G7FZDZJSb7

Find Julia’s books, bonus chapters and more here: juliaconnors.com



“You don’t decide you want to start a family with someone just because you’ve seen a couple clips from the highlight reel.”

I take in her pink cheeks, and the way her body is practically vibrating with all her emotions.
“You’re right.”
“Being part of my and Graham’s life means seeing the messy parts too. And it means sticking around when things get ugly.”

“I know. I hear everything you’re saying.” It’s in this moment that I have absolute clarity about what I want: Audrey and Graham. I didn’t think I was ready for a serious relationship, or for a kid. But now that I’ve gotten a taste of what that could be like, now that the possibility of Audrey and Graham being part of my life is right in front of me, I’m terrified of losing them.

“So, where do we go from here?” she asks, her body relaxing as she lets go of some of the frustration from a few moments before.

“Well, since I haven’t seen all this real family life you’re talking about, should I move in right now, or wait until tomorrow?”

Her eyes widen, and then I can tell she realizes I’m joking. The laugh that bursts out of her is exactly what I was hoping for, but then her face grows serious again, and she says, “It’s not something to joke about.”

“I know, I just needed to see you smile. For real, though, let me prove to you that you and Graham are what I really want, and that I deserve you both. Let me be here for you in the good times, and through all the mundane shit, and when things get hard.”

I watch her trying not to let down her guard, trying to hold everything in. Finally, she says, “I don’t think you’re ready for all that.”

I’ve never been more ready for anything in my life. “I look forward to proving you wrong.”



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design