Thursday, January 25, 2024

ARC Review: The Night Market (A Bound By Ravens Novel) by Jesikah Sundin

 



Title: The Night Market
A Bound By Ravens Novel
Author: Jesikah Sundin
Release Date: 
January 15, 2024

THE NIGHT MARKET is a new adult fae romantasy set in the Bound by Ravens world and perfect for fans of:
- mutual pining
- brother's best friend forbidden romance
- fated mates
- witty banter
- courting rituals
- touch her and die
- grumpy fox familiar
- pocket hedgehogs
- and magical comfort cake

Be sure to check out the prequel novella, BOUND BY RAVENS, part of the Starry Kingdoms of the Fae multi-author collection, now in Kindle Unlimited.


A mortal seer enslaved by a traveling faerie market.
A Raven shifter forced into marriage to save his Caravan tribe.
And a future not even the cards could predict . . .

Some children dream of running away to join the Night Market. I did so to escape a nightmare.

Still, being forced into an overheated tent to read fortunes until sunrise has its trials—naturally. But when he visits me, I suffer for entirely different reasons.

Stars above, Rhylen Lonan is the most beautiful faerie I’ve ever known. A Raven shifter with long black hair, dark purple eyes, and magic that stirs my own. Each Night Market, in exchange for a generous slice of cake and a delicious morsel of gossip, I read him three cards. And before the gates open, he breaks my heart with the same question.

“Does my mate love me back?”

Every time, I'm taunted with visions of Rhylen in love . . . with her. His mate. Until tonight’s reading, that is, when Fate takes a sudden dark turn. I see a devastating fire. He will be forced to marry to save his tribe or face banishment. She will be hunted by other fae in a wedding game.

I do not see her face. I never have. Nor do I know her name.

But as Rhylen’s destiny continues to grip my Sight, I start to suspect it's me. That I have always been his forbidden future. And I don’t know what terrifies me most—that I might be his downfall or that he might be mine.






Disclaimer: I received this book at no cost from the publisher/author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. I am leaving a voluntary review and all opinions are my own. 

It is hard to put into words how overjoyed I am with this book. This was such a gripping story that delighted me, entertained me and made me fall in love.

This book so was mesmerizing. There is intricate world-building paired with a riveting plot that kept me engaged and wanting more. I fell so in love with this author's gorgeous writing style. Her storytelling felt so personal and I connected with it so easily. 

These characters were so complex and unique. I loved their originality and their distinct personalities. The supporting characters were amazing and added so much value to the story. The characters were relatable and so addictive.

This was such a swoony forbidden fated mates romance. There were so many layers to the romance. The banter between Rhylen and Filena hooked me immediately. I was so caught up in their love story. 

Overall, this was a brilliantly orchestrated story that hands down captured my heart. If romantasy is your jam then this book will be your new obsession. This was a magical story with creative ideas that I couldn't put down. Jesikah Sundin is such a skilled storyteller and I look forward to more incredible stories from her!



JESIKAH SUNDIN is a multi-award winning Dystopian Punk Lit, Fae Fantasy, Fairy Tale, and Historical Fantasy writer, a mom of three nerdlets, a faeriecore and elfpunk geek, tree hugger, nature photographer, and a helpless romantic who married her insta-love high school sweetheart. In addition to her family, she shares her home in Seattle, Washington with a rambunctious husky-chi and a collection of Doc Martens boots. She is addicted to coffee, GIFs, memes, potatoes, cheese, kilts, mossy forests, eyeliner on men, and artsy indie alt rock.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design