Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Couples in Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for book bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic:

FAVORITE COUPLES IN BOOKS

This topic is one of those oh-so-hard topics because narrowing down my favorite bookish couples to only ten is impossible and borders on absurdity. However, I shall try to garner a short-ish list, even though my heart is as wide as the ocean and has love enough for all. =) Edit: Okay, that small-ish list was impossible. Haha.

1. Piper and Ash
from the Steel & Stone series
by Annette Marie

   
  

This series is one of my all-time favorite series and the romance between Piper and Ash is fracking incredible! This is a series that I have read many times and will continue to read many more times because the characters and the romance give me all the feels! If you haven't read this series then I implore you to give it a try. Obsessed might really be the word to describe my adoration of this series. 

2. Jude and Cardan
from The Folk of the Air series
by Holly Black

  


My most recent obsession, but a well-deserved one. These characters have been on my mind since January of last year and I still can't get enough of them. I pray to all the gods and all the stars in the sky that Holly Black decides to extend this series past a trilogy so I can have more Cardan and Jude.


3. Vhalla and Aldrik
from the Air Awakens series
by Elise Kova

   
 

This is a romance that captured my heart from the very beginning. This is another series that I have reread because I can't get these characters out of my head. I will ship Vhalla and Aldrik until the end of days.

4. Jaymerson and Hunter
from the Blinded Love series
by Stacey Marie Brown

 

This love story broke my world in half! I have scarcely felt such emotion as when I read this series. Jaymerson and Hunter are the most hardcore case of tragic love and I adore them so very much. If you haven't read this series then you should! Your heart will ache like a bomb has gone off inside your chest, but you will love the story and the ending.

5. Batman and Catwoman
(Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle
from DC Comics (various)


I am such a sucker for this duo in comics. They get my heart pumping and aching at the same time.

6. Kesh and Talen/Kellee/Eledan/Sirius/Sota
from the Messenger Chronicles
by Pippa DaCosta

   

This is a reverse harem series and one of the first ones that I read that wasn't completely absurd. I love Kesh with each of the male characters in the series. The romance was all slow-burn from the start and each love interest has merit in Kesh's heart. It's believable and fracking hot, to not put too fine a point on it. =P I can't wait for the final book of this series this year!

7. Ember and Eli, Zoey and Ryker, Kennedy and Lorcan, Fionna and Lars, & West and Rez
from the Darkness series, the Collector series, & the Lightness Saga
by Stacey Marie Brown

   
   
   
 

Stacey Marie Brown's Darkness series, Collector series, and Lightness Saga are all separate parts of a single timeline and story so I am grouping them all together on this list. Pretty much every couple in this series sets my heart on fire! I adore them all and I couldn't choose only one. If you are wanting to read a series that has the absolute best assemblage of couples then you need to read these series!

8. Emma and Julian, Simon and Isabelle, Magnus and Alec, Clary and Jace, Will/Tessa/Jem, Jocelyn and Luke, Kit and Ty, Diana and Gwyn, Kieran/Christina/Mark & holy cow I'm probably missing some
from the Shadowhunter Chronicles series
by Cassandra Clare

    
   
   
 


I am a huge Shadowhunter fangirl and I love all the couplings in all the series. They make my crazy fangirl heart explode with feels.

9. Katnis and Peeta
from The Hunger Games series
by Suzanne Collins

  

This series will always have my heart. This love story tore my heart out and it does every time I watch the movies or glance back at the passages in the books I love best. 

10. The Darkling/Alina/Mal, Genya and David, Kaz and Inej, Jesper and Wylan, Matthias and Nina
from The Grishaverse series
by Leigh Bardugo

  
 

Yes, I am one of those strange little ducklings that shipped Alina with everyone! The Darkling and Alina were perfect, Mal and Alina were perfect, and I'll be damned if I also didn't think pairing Alina and Nikolai was perfect too! While I like the ending of this series, my fangirl heart still aches for more. If I wasn't a firm believer in polyamory then my views could be completely different, but I truly think that Alina had a deep connection to each of them and that it just worked. My shipper heart just goes crazy with this series. And I had to add on more of the Grihsaverse to satisfy my shipper heart even more so. 

OTHERS THAT I MUST MENTION

11. Penryn and Raffe 
from the Angelfall series by Susan Ee

12. Katy and Daemon
from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

13. Cinder and Kai, Scarlet and Wolf (Ze'ev), Cress and Carswell, & Winter and Jacin
from The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer

14. Aelin and Rowan, Dorian and Manon, Lysandra and Aedion, Lorcan and Elide, and all the others, haha
from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas

15. Feyre and Rhys and all the other ships, you know who they are
from A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas

16. Magnus and Cleo & Lucia and Jonas
from the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes

17. Emi and Shiro
from the Red Winter Trilogy by Annette Marie

18. June and Day
from the Legend series by Marie Lu

19. Deuce and Fade
from the Razorland series by Ann Aguirre

20. Katie and Tomohiro
from the Paper Gods series by Amanda Sun

21. Raisa and Han
from the Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima

22. Ember and Mace & Kai and Rhys
from the Dead Things series by Martina McAtee

23. Alice and Finn
from The Collectors' Society series by Heather Lyons

24. Ella and Reed & Easton and Hartley
from the Royals series by Erin Watt
Have you read any of the titles listed above? What are some of your favorite bookish couples and ships? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design