Friday, February 15, 2019

Reread Review: Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) by Elise Kova

Title: Air Awakens
Series: Air Awakens #1
Author: Elise Kova
Publisher: Silver Wing Press
Published: August 27, 2015
Pages: 377
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy
Source: Kindle Unlimited


A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond...

The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.

Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all—the Crown Prince Aldrik—she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she’s known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she’s always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla’s indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.


Goodreads | Amazon

Read this for FREE on Kindle Unlimited!


MY  REREAD REVIEW
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain SPOILERS.

There are hardly words for the amount of joy that this book and this series has brought me. Rereading this book for a second time was glorious. While I certainly never forgot this world for a moment, my reread has only solidified my outright love for this series.

There are so many things to love about this series, but my favorite was always the romance. This is one of the absolute best slow-burn romances (with a mild bit of enemies to lovers trope in the beginning) that I have ever read. Elise Kova has this down to an art. Truly. The chemistry between the two main characters in this series will blow you away. The dialogues that these two characters have is perfect in every way and will keep you reading page after page for more of their banter. The way that the two main characters come together is both beautiful and stimulating. I could ship Vhalla and Aldrik until the end of time. I will be going down with this ship. 

The characters in this series are ones that will stay with you indefinitely. I have never forgotten this cast of characters. They have been dear to my heart since I first read this series. It is books like this one that make a person truly realize what good writing is. Kova makes each character interesting and purposeful. The relationships that are formed and the natural chemistry between characters is so impressive in this series. It definitely makes is hard to put these books down. The reader feels a part of the story and doesn't want to leave these characters behind. 

The plot of this series is really composed beautifully. The foreshadowing is excellent. During my reread I was able to spot so many things that will be important in later books of the series. I love how seamless the plot is. Everything flows wonderfully and you can truly tell how cleverly crafted the story is.

The world within these pages is easy to latch onto because Kova's descriptions are evocative and powerful. The reader truly feels immersed in this world from the start of the story. It is easy to fall into this world because of the careful construction of the magic system, the government, and the religious beliefs of this world. 

If you love young adult fantasy then I can't recommend this series enough! It will thoroughly capture your heart with its creative world, enthralling plot, and unforgettable characters. Do yourself a favor and pick up this book! After rereading this book, I can hardly contain my excitement for Kova's newest series set in this world, Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles. Vortex Visions is the first book in this new series and it will be released February 4, 2019. Be still my beating heart. 


My original review is here.


THIS BOOK CONTRIBUTED TO THESE 2018 READING CHALLENGES
- Stellar Series Challenge
- Beat the Backlist Challenge
- Let's Read Indie Challenge
- Library Love Challenge
- Popsugar 2019 Reading Challenge
Check out my 2019 Challenge Page to see my progress!


Rereading books that I have loved in the past is something that I started doing in 2018. Prior to that I never reread anything because my mindset was always "so many books, so little time". But I came to realize that the amazing feeling you get when you love a book can be repeated without having to feel guilty about not reading something new or on the TBR. So do you reread any of your favorite books or do you tend to stick to a new book each time? What are some of your favorite rereads or books that you would contemplate rereading?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design