Saturday, February 16, 2019

Saturday Sing-Along #003: The Folk of the Air Playlist Part 3

Saturday Sing-Along is a meme that I created after realizing that I have way too many playlists on Spotify dedicated to my favorite book series. I am constantly making playlists to go along with my favorite books so I thought that I would share those songs with others. Hopefully, others would love to join in and we can share and discuss the songs that fit perfectly with our fandoms and the moods that the music creates for them. 

RULES
1. Pick 3 - 5 songs that remind you of a book or series. (Or pick an entire playlist if your heart desires!)
2. The songs do not have to be about the same book or series. Mix things up if you wish.
3. Post the title and artist of the song and then the book or series that it reminds you of. As a bonus, you can tell us what character or couple the song reminds you of and why.
4. Post a few lines of lyrics from the song (or all of them if you want, go wild!) that best represent the book or series (or character or couple, etc.). Unless it's instrumental, obviously. =)
5. As a bonus, you can post or link to a YouTube video of your songs so that it is easy for others to listen to them and experience your playlist.

If you are participating, these rules are not set in stone. Make this your own thing and change things up if you like. This is supposed to be fun, after all. =)

I am going to be continuing with my The Cruel Prince/The Wicked King playlist. This playlist is far too large for one post so I'm sharing a few at a time.

THE FOLK OF THE AIR
PLAYLIST PART 3

1. Meet Me on the Battlefield by Svrcina
This song reminds me of Jude and Cardan. Kind of how they could change the game and make things better for Faerie if they were united. And if they did then they could be casualties, or they could change everything.



No time for rest, No pillow for my head
Nowhere to run from this, No way to forget
Around the shadows creep, Like friends, they cover me
Just wanna lay me down and finally, Try to get some sleep
We carry on through the storm, Tired soldiers in this war
Remember what we're fighting for
We're standing face-to-face, With our own human race
We commit the sins again and our sons and daughters pay
Our tainted history, is playing on repeat
But we could change it if we stand up strong and take the lead
When I was younger, I was named
A generation unafraid
For heirs to come, be brave
Meet me on the battlefield
Even on the darkest night
I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage
And you will be mine
Echos and the shots ring out
We may be the first to fall
Everything can stay the same or we could change it all
Meet me on the battlefield

2. This Light I Hold by Memphis May Fire ft. Jacoby Shaddix
Definitely a Jude song, amiright? Cardan context in there as well as Faerie in general.



I feel the spotlight, I see their eyes
They lit a fire just to burn me alive
I feel the judgment, I hear the lies
But I won't go down without a fight
I won't go down without a fight
I'm not going down
I hear them twist my words, And mock everything I'm saying
They hope I'll crash and burn, But I'm here and I'm staying
It's like everywhere I turn, My enemies are waiting
To hurt me cause they're hurt, So I keep on praying
They stabbed me in the back
But these scars have made me stronger
Always under attack but I can't be conquered
Remind me of what I lack, And hope I won't last much longer
Try to push me off track, But I'll stay right here with my honor
I'm here and I'm not leaving until I'm finished
With every punch you throw, I'll get back up and go
Hate me, but I never said you had to listen
This story is my own and this light I hold will glow
This light I hold will glow
You should know by now, you can't just push me out
I will not let this go
I might be bruised and beat but I am on my feet
You'll never win this war
This story is my own
With my hands raised up high
I'll keep fighting the good fight and I am not alone
This light I hold will glow!

3. Warrior by Demi Lovato
A Jude song directed towards Madoc and Jude's stolen childhood.



This is a story that I have never told
I gotta get this off my chest to let it go
I need to take back the light inside you stole
You're a criminalAnd you steal like you're a pro
Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire
You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar
I've got shame, I've got scars
That I will never show
I'm a survivor
In more ways than you know
There's a part of me I can't get back
A little girl grew up too fast
All it took was once, I'll never be the same
Now I'm taking back my life today
Nothing left that you can say
'Cause you were never gonna take the blame anyway
All the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound
So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised
Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in
I'm a warrior
And you can never hurt me again


4. Walk Through the Fire by Zayde Wølf (ft. Ruelle)
This song reminds me of Jude and Cardan at the end of The Wicked King.



I'm always wondering, If it's ever gonna end
I can feel it in my bones
Standing in the dust, Of what's left of us
I can see you in my soul
I try to understand, How we're here again
In the middle of the storm

There's no way to go
But straight through the smoke

And the fight is all we know
The fight is all we know
Did we take too many chances?
Did we let too many pass us?
Did we throw it all away?
Did we light too many matches?
Turn ourselves into these ashes?
Did we throw it all away?
We walk through the fire
Is there a way out?
Is there a way out?
We walk through the fire
Is there a way out?
Is there a way out of the fire?

5. The World Is Not Enough by Garbage
If Cardan and Jude ruled Faerie this would be their song.



I know how to hurt, I know how to heal
I know what to show , And what to conceal 
I know when to talk , And I know when to touch 
No one ever died from wanting too much
People like us , Know how to survive 
There's no point in living , If you can't feel the life 
We know when to kiss , And we know when to kill 
If we can't have it all , Then nobody will
I feel sick , I feel scared , I feel ready 
And yet unprepared
The world is not enough 
But it is such a perfect place to start, my love 
And if you're strong enough 
Together we can take the world apart, my love
The world is not enough 
The world is not enough
No, nowhere near enough
The world is not enough


So there are the next five songs of my Folk of the Air Playlist. Do any of these songs speak true to any of you for this series? What other songs do you think would fit into the mood for this series? I'd love to add more song to my playlist so feel free to share! If you would like to participate in my meme then please link me to your post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design