Saturday, February 9, 2019

Saturday Sing-Along #002: The Folk of the Air Playlist Part 2

Saturday Sing-Along is a meme that I created after realizing that I have way too many playlists on Spotify dedicated to my favorite book series. I am constantly making playlists to go along with my favorite books so I thought that I would share those songs with others. Hopefully, others would love to join in and we can share and discuss the songs that fit perfectly with our fandoms and the moods that the music creates for them. 

RULES
1. Pick 3 - 5 songs that remind you of a book or series. (Or pick an entire playlist if your heart desires!)
2. The songs do not have to be about the same book or series. Mix things up if you wish.
3. Post the title and artist of the song and then the book or series that it reminds you of. As a bonus, you can tell us what character or couple the song reminds you of and why.
4. Post a few lines of lyrics from the song (or all of them if you want, go wild!) that best represent the book or series (or character or couple, etc.). Unless it's instrumental, obviously. =)
5. As a bonus, you can post or link to a YouTube video of your songs so that it is easy for others to listen to them and experience your playlist.

If you are participating, these rules are not set in stone. Make this your own thing and change things up if you like. This is supposed to be fun, after all. =)

Last week I started posting songs from my The Cruel Prince/The Wicked King playlist. I am continuing with this series for today's post as well. Now on to part 2!

THE FOLK OF THE AIR
PLAYLIST PART 2

1. Throne by Bring Me The Horizon
This song brings me so much emotion when thinking about the end of The Wicked King! No spoilers, but those of you that have read it will probably understand perfectly.



Remember the moment you left me alone and
Broke every promise you ever made
I was an ocean, lost in the open
Nothing could take the pain away
The sticks and the stones that
You used to throw have, Built me an empire
So don’t even try, To cry me a river
'Cause I forgive you
You are the reason I still fight
So you can throw me to the wolves
Tomorrow I will come back
Leader of the whole pack
Beat me black and blue
Every wound will shape me
Every scar will build my throne
I’ll leave you choking
On every word you left unspoken
Rebuild all that you’ve broken
And now you know
Every wound will shape me
Every scar will build my throne

2. Heaven or Hell by Digital Daggers
This is a song that reminds me of Jude and Cardan and their feelings for each other.



I’ve got the same deep wounds as you
My love can double as a weapon too
Say that you trust it and I’ll set it free
Turn it back on me
We trade our secrets when it’s safe
Our ammunition when the fever breaks
Show me the side no one else sees
Turn it back on me
I am exposed, I am undone
You tear the walls down one by one
In you I found my only faith
I lost my halo to your renegade
This love could bring me to my knees
Turn it back on me
We tried to run, we tried to hide in fear of losing ourselves
We tried to keep it all inside so we don’t hurt someone else
When all the demons come alive I’ll still be under your spell
This could be heaven or hell
This could be heaven or hell

3. Fragile Bones by Palisades
This is a song that reminds me of Cardan, from his point of view. About how Jude is pulling his strings.



Under your scope so you can see close
Analyze the way that my colors take fold
You pin my wings down so you can find out
How long it'll take 'til I fall to the open ground
'Cause I wanna know, and do you reap what you sow?
And do you dull whatever seems to have a pulse?
You try and fix me, to fix your machine
But what's alive can never live without a soul
I drag around all the weight of your words
Shutting me down so your voice can be heard
Make me your clone, make me your own
You think you're curing a disease
You got the answers, the vaccines
You're making me hate me, making me hate me
Pull at the strings to play your scene
But I cut the ties from underneath
You'll never save me, you'll never save me
Try to be the one that you want and it just wasn't enough
You took all my pride and turned it to dust
You take my fragile bones and you'll make them your own
You wanted everything 'til nothing's left of me

4. Deep End by Ruelle
This song reminds me of Jude. In The Cruel Prince trying to deal with Cardan and his cruel friends and managing Dain and everything else. In The Wicked King, handling Cardan and all the pressures on her shoulders.



Where can I go?
When the shadows are calling, Shadows are calling me
What can I do?
When it's pulling me under, Pulling me underneath
Like light in my veins
Darkness is sinking
Darkness is sinking me
Commanding my soul
I am under the surface
Where the blackness burns beneath
It's getting close, I lose control
It's taking over
I'm slipping into the deep end
I'm in over my head
I can't catch my breath
I'm slipping into the deep end
Feel the current within
I can't help but give in
I'm lost in the deep end 
I'm lost…

5. FEEL NOTHING by The Plot In You
This song reminds me of Jude's feelings towards Madoc and Taryn at the end of The Wicked King.



Before I say another word, Just know that my intentions were pure
But you can't stand to be in silence
All you can hear is your own voice, fueling delusion in you
And I'm just, So sick of backing down that I might just spill it all
And if I do you won't be coming back without a deep scar in your soul
Are you not sick of playing games, Sick of giving blame
Sick of fucking living like the world has never given you a life defining day?
My mind is torn, I hate it but I long to feel what I felt before
But you just keep moving towards me, What do I do what do I say?
Can you kindly just refrain, What's here for me
Broke away but you're starving for closure
Seem together but you know that I know ya
Know this is real, this is real
And I can't relate
And I feel nothing for you
I feel nothing for you
And I feel
It's too late, too late
I've buried this and it's evident
You won't change, won't change
I feel nothing for you
Why hide the truth
That I feel nothing for you
So there is the second part of my Folk of the Air Playlist. Do any of these songs speak true to any of you for this series? What other songs do you think would fit into the mood for this series? I'd love to add more song to my playlist so feel free to share! If you would like to participate in my meme then please link me to your post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design