Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Review: Opposition (Lux #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Opposition
Series: Lux #5
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: August 5, 2014
Pages: 533
Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal, Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

I don't know if I'll ever be okay again. That's my first thought right now. My second thought is that wow, this series was incredible! Every single moment. I am such a fangirl for this series now. Now that I have read the main series I am so stoked to read the novellas and bonus stories. 

The plot in this series will give you serious whiplash, but you will be thankful in the end because it will blow your mind with how good it is. This is one of the most unpredictable series that I have read. I'm quite impressed with how creatively the story was crafted. I was constantly in shock over the developing plot. I am glad that the author continued the story with the dual point of views. I think that it adds so much more to the story. And that ending was so satisfying. I just can't. My feelings will crack me open.

These characters are everything! They really are. They are like little mushrooms that sprout inside your soul that attract fairies who will come and hollow them out to make little mushroom houses. Then the fairies will fill your soul up with magic. These characters really do give the feeling that I could only describe as having a fairy garden village inside my soul. These characters are multifaceted and have so much depth. The characters are what will draw you right into these books. 

The romance in this series is pretty epic. The depth of love that Daemon and Katy have for each other is astoundingly beautiful. It is evident in the way they treat each other and the things they do to protect one another. And it's the little things too. Like the silly banter between them and the way that Daemon worships all of Katy's little quirks. The way that Daemon loves Katy is so complete and passionate that it melts my heart. He is red hot on the book-boyfriend-o-meter. The romance in this series is just so satisfying in every way.

Overall, this series thrilled me and surprised me. I was so invested in this story from the first chapter of the first book. This book is such a fantastic conclusion to a series that has had me riveted since the beginning. I am so thankful that the Origin series is being made and that the first book, The Darkest Star, is already out. Now I only have to decide if I want to wait until that series is complete or break down and just read The Darkest Star. It will be glorious torture either way since I will always want more of this series and of these characters. If you are looking for a gripping paranormal book series then you don't have to look any farther. Try this series and you will fall in love.


Check out my reviews for the other books in this series!

Obsidian (Lux #1)


Find my review here.

Onyx (Lux #2)


Find my review here.

Opal (Lux #3)


Find my review here.

Origin (Lux #4)


Find my review here.


This book series was so epic that it gave me the most intense book hangover. What is the last thing that you read that gave you a book hangover? What books have you recently finished?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design