Monday, July 1, 2019

Review: Cracked Kingdom (The Royals #5) by Erin Watt

Title: Cracked Kingdom
Series: The Royals #5
Author: Erin Watt
Publisher: Timeout LLC
Published: February 27, 2018
Pages: 305
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult, New Adult
Source: Ebook
~~~~~
These Royals will ruin you.

Ever since Hartley Wright met Easton Royal, her life hasn’t been the same. There are enemies behind every corner and dangers beyond each door. When tragedy strikes and steals her memories, she can’t trust anyone, not even the blue-eyed boy who promises her that everything will be all right.

Because while Hartley’s memory is full of gaps, her instincts tell her Easton is dangerous. She doesn’t know if he’s the snake in the garden or her chance at salvation. The chaos he brings wherever he goes is too much to handle, the intense feelings he evokes are too confusing to unravel.

Easton wants her to remember. Hartley thinks it’s better to forget.

She might be right.

Tragedy. Treachery. Trust. Hartley has to face the facts—in this world, you can’t escape the Royals.

Either you live by their rules or you die by them.



MY REVIEW
DISCLAIMER: This review MAY contain spoilers. 

My god, this series is fracking brilliant! This series sunk its fangs into me and inducted me into its coven in moments. I was glued to the pages since the first book and the final book did not let me down. I am not usually the type of reader that goes for these kinds of books and I loved them! I ate them up! So that is saying something. Usually, teenage drama and contemporary drama are not my cup of tea. I am definitely going to have to rethink my aversion to contemporary books. If they are all as amazing as this series then I've been missing out.

The world-building is still as strong as ever in this book of the series. The world-building really builds upon previous books. It really sets the stage and makes the reader feel immersed in the story. There are lots of details that make the books very atmospheric.

Oh my god, this plot! The suspense in this book was killing me! It was so addicting. So many shocking things happen or are revealed in this book. I could not have been happier with the outcome. I loved the overall arc of the story even though the characters had their own arcs within the story. The storytelling is fluid and very well done. I was quite impressed. 

The character development for the two main characters is incredible! I love that it isn't stagnant at all. Easton and Hartley really grow on their journey together. They are totally different people at the end of this book than the people that we meet in earlier books. Their personal journeys throughout the series were emotional and wrought with conflict. Their struggles really shape them and change them. It was quite beautiful.

The romance in this book of the series was full of opposition. There are so many factors that are working against Easton and Hartley in this book. They have to overcome their separate problems while trying to rebuild their relationship after something serious happens in the book to bring them back to the beginning. I was rooting for them the whole time! The chemistry between these two is magical. 

Overall, I can't praise this book series enough! I am experiencing severe book hangover right now. I have been making a playlist for the series on Spotify and writing fan-fiction in my head. I just wish that there was more. I definitely recommend this series. There are some serious issues presented in this series though, so I would recommend it to mature readers. If sensitive issues are triggers for you then this series might be one that you should skip. If you give this series a try then you will quickly become addicted! Erin Watt is definitely on my radar now. 


Check out my reviews for the other books in this series!

Paper Princess (The Royals #1)


Find my review here.

Broken Prince (The Royals #2)


Find my review here.

Twisted Palace (The Royals #3)


Find my review here.

Fallen Heir (The Royals #4)


Find my review here.


This series was so completely captivating. I read the entire series and then read it again immediately. All five books twice in a row. What was the last book or series to enchant you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design