Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors I Read In 2018


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for book bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic:

NEW-TO-ME AUTHORS I READ IN 2018

1. Stacey Marie Brown

This is my top discovery of 2018. I tried one of her books and fell into it like Alice fell into Wonderland. I read the entire series and then moved on to the next one and then the next. I read her entire back library apart from a single book. Fifteen books total in a matter of weeks. Her writing is incredible.

   

2. Pippa DaCosta

I read the first four books in The Messenger Chronicles series. The last book releases in April of this year. I was hooked onto this series immediately. I look forward to reading all of her backlist titles.

   

3. Jennifer L. Armentrout

So many people love her, and now I do too! Everyone and their mother has already read the Lux series so I decided to give it a go. I loved it! I consumed this series in the blink of an eye! Now I look forward to reading her backlist books and I am anticipating her new releases.

  
 


4. Erin Watt

The Royals series is another series that I felt like everyone apart from myself had read. I was in the mood for an angsty romance so I gave this a try. Well, to say I loved this series would be an understatement. I read this series and then I immediately read it again for a total of twice in a single month!

  
 

5. Susan Dennard

I am so glad that I finally read The Witchlands books! (Except I haven't read Sightwitch yet!) I loved them just as much as I thought I would. 

 


6. V.E. Schwab

Yep, I admit that I hadn't read a single Schwab book before 2018. I am glad that I can say that I've ridden this rollercoaster. The world of her Shades of Magic series is so unique that I can just gobble it up! (I started A Conjuring of Light on audio, but I still need to finish it.)

 

7. Brandon Sanderson

Another author that I am glad to say that I have under my belt now. I had heard so many wonderful things about his books and they did not disappoint in the least. This man is a genius!

 

8. Cinda Williams Chima

This woman writes incredible fantasy! I love her writing style and her characters fall into your heart. I am super stoked to read her other fantasy series.

   

9. Abbi Glines

Trying this author was one of my adventurous leaps into the contemporary genre. I enjoyed her writing and I am planning to read the rest of her Field Party series and see where it takes me.


10. Julie Kagawa

I have been wanting to try this author for ages. All of her books are about things that highly interest me, so I suppose it was inevitable. I am wanting to finish her Iron Fey series and move on to some of her other book series.



Have you read any of the titles listed above? What were some new-to-you authors that you read in 2018? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design