Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/WWW


Can't Wait Wednesday is a meme hosted by Wishful Endings. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday which was hosted by Breaking the Spine. In this post, we spotlight upcoming releases that we are super jazzed about.

WWW Wednesday is a meme currently hosted by Taking on a World of Words and previously hosted by A Daily Rhythm. This meme tackles three questions each week:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?


Title: Two Witches and a Whiskey
Series: The Guild Codex: Spellbound #3
Author: Annette Marie
Publisher: Dark Owl Fantasy Inc.
Published: February 8, 2019
Genres: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy

Three months ago, I landed a job as a bartender. But not at a bar—at a guild. Yeah, the magic kind.

I'm not a badass mage like my three smokin' hot best friends. I'm not a sorcerer or an alchemist, or even a wussy witch. I'm just a human, slinging drinks like a pro and keeping my non-magical nose out of mythic business. Seriously, I know my limits.

So why am I currently standing in a black-magic ritual circle across from a fae lord?

Somewhere behind me, my three mage friends are battling for their lives. Somewhere near my feet is the rogue witch I just knocked out with a stolen spell. And I have about five seconds to convince this very angry sea god not to shmoosh me like a bug.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't part of the job description.




Thoughts


I have been (not so) patiently awaiting this release. This series is so fun! The first two books in this series were released in the fall of 2018 and I fell hard for this series. Anything that Annette Marie writes is golden. I read the first two books in this series three several times the first week they were each released. I love them that much! And I don't doubt the same will apply to the third book! I'm so excited!



Currently Reading

 
16%                          5%

Recently Finished

  
    
(I read The Cruel Prince twice this week!)

Okay, I admit I have a problem. I am totally besotted with this series. (Most of us are, am I right?) So far this month I have read The Cruel Prince twice and The Wicked King twice. And I am about to read The Wicked King for the third time because I made a bargain with my husband to read it to him. (I know! Rule one of Fairieland is not to make deals!) So I read him The Cruel Prince over a couple of days and now we start The Wicked King. 

Reading Next


Next up is my Air Awakens series reread in preparation for Vortex Visions (Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles #1) which comes out at the beginning of February! I can't wait to revisit this world!


What is a book that you are patiently (or not so much) waiting on? What books have you been reading recently? Feel free to leave the link to your Waiting on Wednesday and/or WWW post! (Or comment if you want to fangirl about The Folk of the Air series or the Air Awakens series!)

1 comments:

  1. I think I read the first two or three novels in the Air Awakens series and I really need to tach up with the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design