Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/WWW


Can't Wait Wednesday is a meme hosted by Wishful Endings. It is based on Waiting on Wednesday which was hosted by Breaking the Spine. In this post, we spotlight upcoming releases that we are super jazzed about.

WWW Wednesday is a meme currently hosted by Taking on a World of Words and previously hosted by A Daily Rhythm. This meme tackles three questions each week:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you’ll read next?


Title: King of Scars
Series: Nikolai Duology #1
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publisher: Imprint
Published: January 29, 2019
Pages: 480
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

Nikolai Lantsov has always had a gift for the impossible. No one knows what he endured in his country’s bloody civil war—and he intends to keep it that way. Now, as enemies gather at his weakened borders, the young king must find a way to refill Ravka’s coffers, forge new alliances, and stop a rising threat to the once-great Grisha Army.

Yet with every day a dark magic within him grows stronger, threatening to destroy all he has built. With the help of a young monk and a legendary Grisha Squaller, Nikolai will journey to the places in Ravka where the deepest magic survives to vanquish the terrible legacy inside him. He will risk everything to save his country and himself. But some secrets aren’t meant to stay buried—and some wounds aren’t meant to heal.


Thoughts


This book is one of my most anticipated books of 2019. Anyone that knows me well will know that I am a Leigh Bardugo fangirl to the max. I gush about her books like I'm talking about the weather. Leigh Bardugo is my girl. Her blend of fantasy speaks to my soul in the best of ways. The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, previously called the Grisha Trilogy, is one of my all-time favorite book series. All of the characters touched my heart. The series contained one of my all-time favorite villains, The Darkling. And I have always had such a soft spot for Nikolai. I mean, my oldest son's middle name (well, one of them since he has more than one middle name) is Nikolai. Enough said, right? Anyway, I will be buddy reading all the books from the Grishaverse this month in a huge reread to prep myself for the release of King of Scars.


Currently Reading


I just started a reread of The Cruel Prince in anticipation of the release of The Wicked King on the 8th!

Recently Finished

 
             


I finished up the Darkest Drae series by Raye Wagner and Kelly St. Clare. This series was my first time ever reading from either of these authors. 

I completed the fourth book in the Messenger Chronicles series by Pippa DaCosta. This series is so amazing and I can't wait for the final book in April! OMG!


Reading Next

  

Shuffle, Repeat is my first book for my Discovery Bookshelf Challenge on Goodreads. I created a shelf and each week there is a callout of a position on the shelf. You set your bookshelf to random and read that week's callout position. 

And I am going to be reading The Lost Sisters and The Wicked King when it releases on the 8th! (Can't wait, OMG!)




What is a book that you are patiently (or not so much) waiting on? What books have you been reading recently? Feel free to leave the link to your Waiting on Wednesday and/or WWW post!

1 comments:

  1. OMG I absolutely can't wait for King of Scars! Nikolai is my MOST FAVOURITE character of ever! Like EVER! I also am looking forward to Darkdawn , The Gilded Wolves and Aurora Rising <3

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design