Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Meant to Read in 2018 But Didn't Get To


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for book bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic:

BOOKS I MEANT TO READ IN 2018 BUT DIDN'T GET TO


In all honesty, I think that I could just say "all of them" and be done with this post. Haha. There are always tons of books that I want to get to and then never do. Such is life. Here are the top ten that I remember from 2018.

1. The Styclar Saga by Nikki Kelly 
(books 2 & 3)

I read the first book in The Styclar Saga, Lailah, in January of 2018. I fully intended to finish the series and then I hit my hardcore reading and life slump in February. At this point, I feel that I would have to reread Lailah to even understand the rest of the series. The book was that complicated.

 

2. A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab

I actually started this one on audio before the end of the year. It was in November right before it started really snowing here for the year. At the time I was listening to it on my walk to pick my kids up from school every day. Once it started snowing the walking stopped and so did listening to the audio. I definitely need to pick this one back up since I am desperate to know what happens in the end!


3. Sightwitch (The Witchlands #2.5) by Susan Dennard

I finally, finally got around to reading Truthwitch and Windwitch in 2018. I am so glad that I did, but I meant to also read Sightwitch and never got around to it. I need to read this one before Bloodwitch releases next month!


4. The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken 
(books 2 - 4 + novellas)

I read the first book and loved it a lot. I planned to read the remaining books in the series plus the novellas. I actually had these books on my TBR for several months, but my reading mood changed and I never got around to reading them.

 ,
 

5. The Young Elites series by Marie Lu 
(books 2 & 3)

I didn't pick up the second and third book after reading the first book because the first book wasn't working for me. To be honest, I noticed that a lot of books that I read around the same time are ones that I didn't get into. I think that I was forcing myself to read when I should have taken a break from reading. I feel like I need to reread those books and see if it makes a difference in how I feel about them. This series especially because I adored Marie Lu's Legend series. It has my heart and I expected this series would be the same. I was pretty shocked when it wasn't.

 

6. Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices #3) by Cassandra Clare

This book released in December and I anticipated reading it straight away after release. My December got away from me though with the holidays and whatnot. I only read 9 books in December, which is about half of what I was reading in previous months.


7. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa 
(books 2 - 7)

Yep, I wanted to knock out this series in 2018, but I only got to the first book. This is one of the books that suffered during my aforementioned force myself to read when I should take a break period. 

  
  

8. Batwoman Volume 6: The Unknowns

This is one of many trade paperbacks that I didn't get to in 2018. This is the last one in this particular series and I wanted to finish it up before moving on to another series. I had an abysmal year in reading graphic novels and trade paperbacks. I normally read them constantly, but in 2018 I dropped the ball.


9. Phoenix Unbound (Fallen Empire #1) by Grace Draven

I was disappointed that I didn't get to this one in 2018. I have heard such wonderful things about this book and I need an adult fantasy in my life.


10. The Field Party series by Abbi Glines 
(books 2 - 4)

I read the first book, which I enjoyed. I planned to finish out the series in December.

  


Have you read any of the titles listed above? Which books did you not get to in 2018? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

1 comments:

  1. OMG I totally understand the "forced myself to read when I should have taken a break"! I had such a period last year and now I'm rereading all the books I read then! I need to read Sightwitch too! Especially as Bloodwitch will be out soon! Added some of these to my TBR :)

    Uma@Books.Bags.Burgers.

    ReplyDelete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design