Thursday, August 8, 2019

2019 Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag, with GIFs! (Better Late Than Never!)


Okay, yes, it's August but better late than never, right? I omitted a few and added a few that I liked from Paper Fury's post. Let's get started, shall we?

ORIGINAL QUESTIONS FOR TAG
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2019
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2019
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
5. Biggest disappointment
6. Biggest surprise
7. Favorite new author (debut or new to you)
8. Newest fictional crush
9. Newest favorite character
10. Book that made you cry
11. Book that made you happy
12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
14. Favorite book community member




Well, I've been rocking my Goodreads Challenge this year. Woot woot!






I have been pretty lucky to have mostly 4 and 5 star reads so far this year. I think that I have just been pickier about what I read so I am choosing things that I am fairly certain that I will end up liking. I have also read much more contemporary this year than I ever have. I never used to care for it much, but it has dominated my reading this year. 



   



  
  



   



   




I was so sad that I didn't like this one. I first read Jenn P. Nguyen's The Way to Game the Walk of Shame in February of this year and it was brilliant! I loved it so much and expected to like this book just as much. Sadly, this one did not live up to my expectations. -sigh-



  



I have added quite a few new-to-me authors to my favorites this year. Here are a few that come to mind. Mindee Arnett, Harlow Cole, L.J. Shen, Maya Hughes, Kasie West, Jen Klein, J.L. Beck, C. Hallman, and Bethany Lopez. 



  



Total Rereads: 34

   
   
   
   
   
   

I have done a lot of rereads this year. I have been in a strange mood and have wanted to read comfort books. There are some books that I have reread multiple times this year. I have read The Wicked King a total of four times this year, so three rereads. The Cruel Prince I have reread twice this year. I have reread the Steel & Stone series twice this year already and I bet that I will read it again at least once more before the end of the year. (Since it's my favorite. 😁)



 

I am totally crushing on Brayden from Harlow Cole's St. Michaels Duet. 




I absolutely adore Cath from Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl. 



 

Stacey Marie Brown's contemporary books will tear your heart out. I love her books so much!



   

Hmmm...all YA contemporary stories, huh? Isn't that interesting? (Well, Fangirl is really New Adult, but whatevs.)



  

I purchased both of the Owlcrate editions for The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King. I also purchased Bloodwitch. I adore these covers!




I have already started half of these. These are series rereads started this year that I need to finish: 

   
  

And these are some other books that I would like to read that are not rereads: 

   

There's actually a lot more, but I could literally be adding them all day long and never be finished. There are a bunch of 2019 new releases I would like to read, tons of backlist titles by my favorite authors, and oodles of backlist contemporary titles that I would like to catch up on. 



How has your reading in 2019 compared to past years? Have you discovered any new authors or any hidden gems? I'm not tagging anyone, but feel free to leave the link to your Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag post if you have one!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on rocking your Goodreads challenge! I love Fangirl. It’s one of my favorite books ever. I hope you read lots of great books in the second half of the year!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I normally haven't completed my Goodreads challenge at this point in the year so it is surprising. And I adored Fangirl! I actually bought it to read it at work and then once I started it I couldn't put it down. Needless to say I had to buy a new book for work. =P

      Delete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design