Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Series I Wish Would Never End


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for book bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is Standalone Books That Need a Sequel, but I honestly don't read that many standalones. So I've switched this week's topic up a smidge:

BOOK SERIES I WISH WOULD NEVER END
~~~~~

1. 
Steel & Stone series & Speel Weaver series by Annette Marie

 

The Steel & Stone universe is one of my all-time favorite book worlds. Annette Marie's books come up again and again in my posts because of her impeccable storytelling. Annette has confirmed a sequel series to take place five years after the events of the Steel & Stone series and that it will include the characters from both that series and the Spell Weaver series. The estimated release date isn't until 2020. The series is called Blackfire and I am beyond ecstatic for it! 

2. 
The Folk of the Air Series by Holly Black

 


When this series ends I am going to be a sobbing mess on the floor for the indefinite future. It will hit me so hard I don't know if I will be able to go on.

3. 
Air Awakens series, Golden Guard series, & Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles series by Elise Kova

  

I could live in this world with these characters forever. I am so excited about the new series, Vortex Chronicles!

4. 
The Legend series by Marie Lu



I kind of lost my shit when this book was announced. A fourth book in the Legend series. This series really shattered me when I first read it. This book is going to break me! I don't want it to end!

5.
Penryn and the End of Days series by Susan Ee


I've read this series twice. I truly love it. I would welcome a sequel series that adds more to the story.

6. 
The Shadowhunters universe by Cassandra Clare

 
 
 
 

These books are like oxygen for me. I fell in love with this insanely clever world and it never ceases to capture me again and again. I love the business model of her books. Different books series within the same world that cross generations of lovable characters. Cassandra Clare is truly brilliant! 

7. 
The Grishaverse by Leigh Bardugo

 
 

I was absolutely jumping up and down like a child when King of Scars was announced. I am excited about the second book in the King of Scars series and I would welcome more books from this universe. I would love more from Alina and Mal, and I was thrilled about the announcement of another Six of Crows book!

8. 
Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas


Kingdom of Ash is still sitting on my shelf and I still haven't read it because I don't want it to be over yet. I want these characters stories to go on and on.

9. 
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer


This series enraptured me from the start. I never wanted it to end. I would love to read about more adventures with this crew.

10. 
Razorland series by Ann Aguirre


This series was unbelievable! I loved every moment and I didn't want it to end. I really became attached to the main characters and I would love love love to see more them in the future. 

Which standalone books do you wish had a sequel? Which books series do you wish would never end? Have you read any of the titles listed above? What are some book worlds that you would love to visit (or live in)? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design