Saturday, March 9, 2019

Saturday Sing-Along: The Steel & Stone Series Playlist Part 1

Saturday Sing-Along is a meme that I created after realizing that I have way too many playlists on Spotify dedicated to my favorite book series. I am constantly making playlists to go along with my favorite books so I thought that I would share those songs with others. Hopefully, others would love to join in and we can share and discuss the songs that fit perfectly with our fandoms and the moods that the music creates for them. 

RULES
1. Pick 3 - 5 songs that remind you of a book or series. (Or pick an entire playlist if your heart desires!)
2. The songs do not have to be about the same book or series. Mix things up if you wish.
3. Post the title and artist of the song and then the book or series that it reminds you of. As a bonus, you can tell us what character or couple the song reminds you of and why.
4. Post a few lines of lyrics from the song (or all of them if you want, go wild!) that best represent the book or series (or character or couple, etc.). Unless it's instrumental, obviously. =)
5. As a bonus, you can post or link to a YouTube video of your songs so that it is easy for others to listen to them and experience your playlist.

If you are participating, these rules are not set in stone. Make this your own thing and change things up if you like. This is supposed to be fun, after all. =)

I just reread the Steel & Stone series by Annette Marie for the third time. Since the series is on my mind at the moment, it felt like the perfect time to share some of my playlist for this series.

THE STEEL & STONE SERIES PLAYLIST PART 1

1. Never Surrender by Liv Ash
This song feels like my theme song for the series as a whole.


Take on the night to reach the morning
We'll write our names in blood and glory
Oh, our hearts are unafraid of making our own fate
And we don't need to wait
Walking through fire will leave us stronger
And we might grow tired but not going under
Breaking all the chains
It's time to take our place
We're a phoenix rising
From the ashes fighting
Our courage climbing
We'll never, never surrender
This is our battle
Won't stay in the shadows now
Living for tomorrow
We'll never, never surrender


2. The Other Side by Ruelle
This song reminds me of the ending of book three and the start of book four. That's all I'm going to say because spoilers.


I don't want to know who we are without each other
It's just too hard
I don't want to leave here without you
I don't want to lose part of me
Will I recover that broken piece?
Let it go and unleash all the feelings
Is it fair, or is it fate?
No one knows
The stars choose their lovers, save my soul
It hurts just the same
And I can't tear myself away
Did we ever see it coming?
Will we ever let it go?
We are buried in broken dreams
We are knee-deep without a plea
I don't want to know what it's like to live without you
Don't want to know the other side of a world without you


3. My Demons by Starset
This song reminds of Piper when she is succumbing to the Sahar and shading. It also reminds me of Ash and his state of mind after escaping Asphodel.


Mayday! Mayday!
The ship is slowly sinking
They think I'm crazy but they don't know the feeling
They're all around me,
Circling like vultures
They wanna break me and wash away my colors
Wash away my colors
I cannot stop this sickness taking over
It takes control and drags me into nowhere
I need your help, I can't fight this forever
I know you're watching,
I can feel you out there
Take me over the walls below
Fly forever
Don't let me go
I need a savior to heal my pain
When I become my worst enemy
The enemy
Take me high and I'll sing
Oh you make everything okay
We are one in the same
Oh you take all of the pain away
Save me if I become
My demons


4. Incredible by SECRETS
This song reminds me of how Piper makes Ash feel. How she awakens something good in him. Even Lyre comments to Seiya about how Piper is good for Ash.



I spent 8 years down inside a hole
To convince myself where I was was home
But the better part of giving up was awoken in you
Mistook comfort for love
I lost myself and gave the searching up
You found me at my worst from there
You got me feeling like brand new
Through the pain and all the guilt
You’re all I needed to rebuild
We never knew but it was so inevitable
You brought to life inside of me
The man I never thought I'd be
A place I know that I can call incredible
Broken down I was all alone
Stuck in a hell hole I called home
I never thought I could be saved
But then by grace
You found me down in a dark place
Pulled me out of all my old ways
Since then I've never felt anymore shame
When I’m with you
There's a freedom
That I know me
And it deepens who we are
I feel stronger
That I know you
Had to break myself just to show you
But it feels so incredible

5. I'd Rather See Your Stars Explode by Slaves
This song reminds of Piper and the way her father makes her feel. At least for most of the series.



Kick me when I'm down
Keep me on the ground
From the ones who I thought they would never leave
Who gave you so much faith?
Who gave you so much power?
You turned it all against me
Kick me when I'm down
Keep me on the ground
There's no black and white when it comes to pain
All I gave up, it's still not enough
You're twisting my demons like there is no love
When push comes to shove that fine line gives up
I'm left with the feeling of chasing a rush
I'm feeling alive like it's the first time
But you're goin' and you're goin' and you're gone tonight
I'm feeling alive like it's the first time
Never gonna be a part of me this time
I know you'll write me off
I know you're always gonna count me out
You think I'm gonna let you down?
Just wait
Gonna show what I've got left
You haven't even seen my best
Just wait

So there are the first five songs of my Steel & Stone series Playlist. Do any of these songs speak true to any of you for this series? What other songs do you think would fit into the mood for this series? I'd love to add more song to my playlist so feel free to share! If you would like to participate in my meme then please link me to your post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design