Saturday, March 2, 2019

Saturday Sing-Along: The Messenger Chronicles Playlist Part 1

Saturday Sing-Along is a meme that I created after realizing that I have way too many playlists on Spotify dedicated to my favorite book series. I am constantly making playlists to go along with my favorite books so I thought that I would share those songs with others. Hopefully, others would love to join in and we can share and discuss the songs that fit perfectly with our fandoms and the moods that the music creates for them. 

RULES
1. Pick 3 - 5 songs that remind you of a book or series. (Or pick an entire playlist if your heart desires!)
2. The songs do not have to be about the same book or series. Mix things up if you wish.
3. Post the title and artist of the song and then the book or series that it reminds you of. As a bonus, you can tell us what character or couple the song reminds you of and why.
4. Post a few lines of lyrics from the song (or all of them if you want, go wild!) that best represent the book or series (or character or couple, etc.). Unless it's instrumental, obviously. =)
5. As a bonus, you can post or link to a YouTube video of your songs so that it is easy for others to listen to them and experience your playlist.

If you are participating, these rules are not set in stone. Make this your own thing and change things up if you like. This is supposed to be fun, after all. =)

I adore The Messenger Chronicles series by Pippa DaCosta. The final book comes out this year and I am so stoked for it! 

THE MESSENGER CHRONICLES PLAYLIST PART 1

1. Monster by Starset
This song reminds me of Kesh and Oberon and at times Kesh and Eledan. For Oberon, how Kesh was conditioned to love Faerie and Oberon even through the horrible things that she was put through and made to do. For Eledan, I am reminded of their hate/love relationship from the beginning.



Under the knife I surrendered
The innocence yours to consume
You cut it away
And you filled me up with hate
Into the silence you sent me
Into the fire consumed
You thought I'd forget
But it's always in my head
This is the world you've created
The product of what I've become
My soul and my youth
Seems it's all for you to use
If I could take back the moment
I let you get under my skin
Relent or resist
Seems the monster always wins
You're the pulse in my veins
You're the war that I wage
Can you change me?
You're the love that I hate
You're the drug that I take
Will you cage me?
You're the pulse in my veins
You're the war that I wage
Can you change me?
From the monster you made me?
My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul
I lift you up and then I let you go
I've made an art of digging shallow holes
I'll drop the tiniest seed and watch it grow
My heart's an artifice, a decoy soul
Who knew the emptiness could be so cold?
I've lost the parts of me that make me whole
I am the darkness
I'm a monster

2. Astronomical by Svrcina
This song reminds me of Kesh and her pull towards Kellee and Talen. Especially Talen. There is also a double entendre or double meaning present in just the title of the song that I won't go into because, spoilers.



The endless of darkness is hovering
The sound of the silence is deafening
Ten billion decibels shattering
I'm drawn to the unknown, where shadows hide
A slave to the powers that magnetize
There's something inside of me, I can't fight
Can anybody stop me?
Forces of gravity taking me, taking me
Weightlessness forsaking me
Oh, this pull is astronomical
Oh, this pull is astronomical

3. Letting Go by Eyes Set To Kill
A Kesh song.



Do you feel like the world turned its back on you
Like no one hears what you say
Pouring your heart out in everything you do
With no reward, just the pain
You're stuck in the cycle
Of setting the blame
Don't think about where you are
But where you could be
It's like the place that you want to be
Is right outside of your window
So why is it so hard to reach out
And step into the unknown
The longer you hold on
To old memories
Of all the mistakes you made
The longer you'll wait
Don't lose your mind
Telling yourself to change
Just keep your head straight
The hardest part is letting go
You've got to prove your life's hard
And jump into the dark
And when you find the light you'll know
That it was always the struggle
To leave it behind, let it go

4. Become the Beast by Karliene
This is a Kellee and Kesh song. The lyrics speak for themselves. (If you've read the series then you know what I mean.)



I've always been a hunter
Nothing on my tail
But there was something in you
I knew, could make that change
To capture a predator
You can't remain the prey
You have to become
An equal in every way
So look in the mirror
And tell me, who do you see?
Is it still you? Or is it me?
So embrace the darkness
And I will help you see
That you can be limitless
And fearless, If you follow me
We are the lions, In a world of lambs
We are the predators,
The hunters,The hunters,The hunters.
Become the beast
We don't have to hide
Do I terrify you, Or do you feel alive?
Do you feel the hunger?
Does it howl inside?
Does it terrify you, Or do you feel alive?
Splinters of my soul
Cut through your skin
And burrow within
Burrow within

5. Stand Alone by Generdyn, ft. ZAYDE WØLF
This is a total Kesh anthem. Especially from the beginning of the series. 



I see the place where I was born
I was raised by the new dawn
And now I sit inside the storm
Like the eye of the pyramid
I know everything ahead
I'm on the hunt don't you forget
Somebody turned off all the lights
They try to steal like a parasite
But they can't take away the fight
Cause I've been wild since I been a kid
Living life hangin off the grid
No, I aint never ever gonna quit
Gotta work for it, work for it everyday, work for it
I stand alone
Can't get much higher
It's in my bones
The true survivor
I stand alone
I keep on rising
Up to the throne
I won't stop fighting
Cause I stand alone


So there are the first five songs of my Messenger Chronicles Playlist. Do any of these songs speak true to any of you for this series? What other songs do you think would fit into the mood for this series? I'd love to add more song to my playlist so feel free to share! If you would like to participate in my meme then please link me to your post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design