Monday, March 4, 2019

Reread Review: Broken Love (Blinded Love #2) by Stacey Marie Brown

Title: Broken Love
Series: Blinded Love #2
Author: Stacey Marie Brown
Publisher: Stacey Marie Brown
Published: November 14, 2018
Pages: 313
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Source: Ebook


Life shattered my bones, now it wants to break my heart.

Jaymerson Holloway thought all her grief and pain were behind her. Unfortunately, life has other ideas.

Where stories don’t end happily. 

Where hearts shattered into pieces and love slips through your fingers.

Leaving everything behind to follow her dreams, Jaymerson travels to Italy, where she learns to stand on her own, move on with her life, and open her heart to another. But nothing prepares her for seeing Hunter’s life explode over the TV screen and watching his success, which comes with lots of women wanting a piece of The Haze. Crueler is the agony of seeing him fall in love with another. But that isn’t even the worst of it.

When she returns home and their paths cross, they are no longer the same people. The old animosity they once felt for each other flares the ties between them. Especially when more secrets and truths are uncovered. 

Like moths to flames, their undeniable chemistry continues to pull them to each other and tangle their lives together, even though it will only end in heartbreak and sorrow.


Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo


MY  REREAD REVIEW
Disclaimer: This review MAY contain SPOILERS.

This series has obliterated me for a second time. Rereading this series has only solidified my undying love for this story, these characters, and this author!

The amount of emotion that is packed into this series is almost overwhelming. This is the kind of book series that changes you. You will never be the same after reading it. This story left a mark on my soul. When I first reviewed this book I said that "when I went into this series I had no idea that these books would come to mean so much to me. This book series has pulled out my heart, shattered it, taped it back together, broken it some more, and healed again the way that only a climactic and emotional story can." This still rings true. Maybe even more so after reading it a second time. 

Stacey Marie Brown has character creation and development down to an art. She is seriously talented when it comes to creating characters with depth, chemistry, and tremendous growth. She writes the kind of characters that will continue to mean something to you long after you finish reading the story. I can't express the depth of my love for the characters in this series. 

Brown plotted out this series like a boss. Seriously. Everything that happens has so much meaning behind it. The series of events and the situations in this series are compound and not only provide for incredible character growth but for reader growth as well. There are so many things packed into this series. There is loss, pain, anger, love, tragedy, friendship, and so much more. The reader grows in their heart just from experiencing these things along with the characters. 

Overall, I am still a sobbing mess on the floor for this series. This reread is taking place three months after reading it the first time. I am a complete fool for these characters and I don't think that I will ever be rid of my need to read these books. I feel like an addict, but I wouldn't have it any other way. A great book series will keep readers coming back to it and this series accomplishes that effortlessly. I am thrilled that the third book is releasing this month and I can't wait to dive into it with refractory abandon. 


My original review is here.


THIS BOOK CONTRIBUTED TO THESE 2018 READING CHALLENGES
- Stellar Series Challenge
- Beat the Backlist Challenge
- Let's Read Indie Challenge
- Contemporary Romance Challenge
Check out my 2019 Challenge Page to see my progress!


This book tore me all kinds of up inside. I may never recover. What book are you complete trash for at the moment?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design