Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: 2019 Second Quarter Releases That I'm Jazzed For


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for book bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is Books On My Spring 2019 TBR, but I translated that to:

2019 SECOND QUARTER RELEASES THAT I'M JAZZED FOR
~~~~~

1. 
The Unlucky Ones by Stacey Marie Brown


Stacey Marie Brown was one of my top author discoveries in 2018. I read her entire back library within a few weeks and she has become one of my favorite authors. I will read anything this woman writes! 

2. 
Her Dark Legion (The Messenger Chronicles #5) by Pippa DaCosta



This is seriously one of the most addicting series I've read! The fourth book came out in December of 2018 and I have been salivating for more ever since. These characters get under your skin and live there. They won't let you go. I am so glad that Pippa DaCosta is an indie author so that I don't have to wait years between releases. I haven't read many reverse harem books, but this series is by far the best I've read. The characters make the romance so convincing while other reverse harem stories that I've read just seemed absurd. Convincing low-burn reverse harem books for the win!

3. 
Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #4) by Annette Marie


This series is seriously so much fun! The heroine is spunky, her best friends are three hot mages that are swoon-worthy, and there is an incredible magical world that keeps evolving and growing with each book in the series. I am smitten with this series. I can't get enough!

4. 
The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1) by Cassandra Clare & Wesley Chu
&
Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, Kelly Link, & Robin Wasserman

 


Cassandra Clare is my homegirl. She knows what I like and I will follow her until the end of days. Just saying. The Shadowhunter universe is one of my favorite fantasy worlds. I can get lost there forever. And TWO Shadowhunter releases in a matter of months? Yes, please!

5.
All Our Broken Pieces by L.D. Crichton


This book sounds like it was made for me. A contemporary YA book that sounds less fluffy and more intense. Like it will make me want to tear at my heart while also making me want to swoon. I'm jazzed!

6. 
Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy #1) by Emily A. Duncan


So many people are looking forward to this one and I'm really no different. I've heard comparisons to Leigh Bardugo so you know I'm totally down. Plus, I've been following the author on Twitter for the last eighteen months and she is delightful.

7. 
Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff


These two are a powerhouse writing team! I will forever support their combined writing efforts as well as their separate ones. They give me my science fiction fix that is so very much lacking in YA books nowadays. 

8. 
Fake It Till You Break It by Jenn P. Nguyen


When I went through my contemporary phase at the beginning of February, I read The Way to Game the Walk of Shame and it was one of the best contemporary books that I've read! I have been searching for comparable books, but haven't found much of anything of the same caliber. I am hoping that this book will be another slam dunk for me. (Plus, I just got approved for an ARC of this one so it is up next on my TBR! Yay!)

9. 
Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson


This book sounds pretty epic. And this cover has me drooling like a preteen over a boyband. 

10. 
Hearts Made For Breaking by Jen Klein


Okay, so this is another book by another contemporary author that I fell in love with this past February during my contemporary extravaganza. This book sounds just as adorable and I am hoping that I love it as much as Shuffle, Repeat!

What are some of the books on your spring TBR? Is it full of new releases or backlist titles? Which new releases are you looking forward to this spring? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design