Friday, May 20, 2022

Review & Edit: Phase of Fate (Phase Mountain Pack #1) by Coralee June


Title: Phase of Fate
Series: Phase Mountain Pack #1
Author: Coralee June
Publisher: Coralee June
Published: April 21, 2022
Pages: 277
Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Source: Kindle Unlimited

I was the average daughter. The troublemaker. The side character in my sister's story.

My sister was a Prodigy, endowed with exceptional skills and bonded with a guardian. In a world where all leaders, scientists, and artists are selected and pledged to shifters, she was born for greatness.

I was born to live in her shadow.

In a moment of rebellion, I trespassed on pack lands and an alpha guardian shifter, Theo, bonded to me. Tragedy makes me reject the pairing.

They say I am a Prodigy now—someone special.

I think they’re wrong.

Theo is protective, overbearing, and gets under my skin. He knows me better than anyone else. It takes everything I have to keep the wall around my heart built up.

I refuse to ever trust a shifter.

I refuse to fall in love with my rival.

But fate comes in phases.

Once a nobody, now a hero.

Once an enemy, now my forever.









This book was incredible! I loved each and every moment of it. That gorgeous cover caught my eye and then realizing that Coralee June was the author was an immediate yes for me. I will read anything that June writes because she is brilliant.

What I really loved most about this book was the original take on wolf shifters. I had never read any similar lore or background and I found it very original. Her spin was just so unique and creative. When you read the same types of shifter stories over and over they can blend into the background but this book really stood out.

I was immediately pulled into the pages. I felt a legit connection to the storytelling. I have always loved June's blend of comforting prose and articulate ideas in her storytelling. Her books are always polished and read like a dream. This book really had me hooked from the beginning. The story was compelling and unpredictable in the best way. I loved the world-building in this book. It took me a few chapters to get a feel for the world but June does an awesome job of immersing the reader in it effortlessly. I am really loving the plot and the mystery at the core of the story that our characters are trying to solve. I did feel like the last twenty percent of the book was a little rushed. While the pacing got a little busy at the end, the story is very solid.

I loved Halle's character. She was bold, capable, and unapologetically herself. I loved seeing her stick up for herself when the occasion arose. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind, even to the most intimidating people. She didn't take herself too seriously and she was very loyal. I think that she has some work to do in the self-worth department but I expect that will come with her character development over the series. I also adored Theo. He was kind of magnetic in a way. I felt that he didn't get as much development as Halle but what I saw of him I liked. He was also loyal and very duty-driven. I liked his character development in this book as he dealt with the new roles in his life and how Halle's appearance in his life has changed his. He tends to want to turn around and run instead of face his problems straight on when it comes to Halle but just because he is afraid of the outcomes. He does care deeply and is quite a force to be reckoned with. I am eager to see more of his character development as the series continues. There were many secondary characters that were intriguing, amusing, and interesting.

I don't want to give anything away with regard to the romance in the series but I will say that I am enjoying it so far. I really loved the enemies-to-lovers aspect of the story and the reasons why. I loved seeing Halle and Theo come together and share pieces of themselves with one another. I think that they both had to get out of their own heads and work through some things internally before they could really accept each other and the bond that they share. Their feelings are plain as day and I am so eager to see what becomes of them in the next book.

Overall, this was such a unique and memorable book! I was really impressed with June's creative take on wolf shifters. These characters made an impression on me as well and I am so eager to continue their story! I can't recommend this book enough to all of my paranormal romance friends!


⬇️ Lookie at what I made today! ⬇️
 

I've never made an edit before but I was inspired today after finishing Phase of Fate. It was nice to dust off my photoshop skills and create something. I am so excited for the next installment of this series. Here is the book info if you'd like to pick up a copy.

🌙 Rejected Mates
🌙 Enemies to Lovers
🌙 Curses and Forced Proximity
🌙 Read on Kindle Unlimited

“I just want to be done with this bond.”
Even as I said those words, I knew it was a lie. I was already starting to let my guard down.
Theo reached for my hands, and I should’ve pulled them away, but I ached for his touch.
“Keep pushing me away,” he rasped. “Keep telling me that this won’t work. Keep denying what you feel. We are fated, Halle. Bonded. A perfect match. I can literally taste the lies on your tongue.”
Why did this feel more intense? Why did it feel like he was talking about more than just the bond between a prodigy and her guardian?

Now Available! 

This book had some excellent plot twists. What are some of your favorite books that really took you by surprise? Or tell me your most recent read!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design