Saturday, April 10, 2021

Top Five Saturday

 

Top Five Saturday is a meme that was created by Mandy at Devouring Books. Each week we post our top five books that fit that week's theme.  

This week's theme is: 

~~~~~


I absolutely adore these covers! I love everything about them. They are very minimalist but they pack a punch. I haven't started this series yet but I really want to. I might wait until the final book, Court, is released so that I can binge the entire series.


I have loved this cover since the moment it was revealed. I actually really love all of the covers in this series. I have read this whole series. While I thought that the first book was mediocre in terms of a wow factor, the story did pick up in the second and third books and I ended up really enjoying it.


This is another series with stunning covers. I haven't started this series but it sounds really interesting and has incredible ratings. This is another series that I will probably wait to pick up until the final books is released.



These are actually some of the first covers that came to mind for this theme. These covers are kind of iconic in the YA book world and everyone seems to know these covers by heart. They have definitely been ingrained in my mind. I've read the core books in this series but I have yet to read the novellas or the recently published Broken Throne. I read the core books in this series a couple of times and each time my feelings about this series were kind of conflicted. I have never read a series before this one or after it that had my feelings jumping all over the place. I was really conflicted about my star ratings for this series but I am ultimately satisfied with where I landed. Though I did not give a high rating to all of the books in this series, it is a series that I enjoyed overall, flaws and all. 




I was absolutely floored with this series the first time that I read it. I immediately fell in love with it. I have always loved the style of these covers. They still remain some of my favorites. Though the amount of blood on these covers is fairly minuscule, they add just the right touch and speak volumes to anyone that has read the series. This is a series that I definitely recommend.


This is a series that I have not read yet but I have always loved the aesthetic that these covers portray. This is another series of books with minimal blood on the cover that really sets a tone for the series. 

Well, that was six books/series instead of five but the more the merrier, amiright? Have you read any of the books listed above or do you have any of them on your TBR? How do you feel about blood on book covers? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Five Saturday post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design