Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn't Get To


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is "Top Ten Books We Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn't Get To". 


1. Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons #1) by Leigh Bardugo


This is a book that I preordered and expected to start when it arrived on my doorstep. Yeah, didn't happen. I am so stoked to start this one though. 

2. First Year (The Black Mage #1) by Rachel E. Carter


Another shame-filled spot on the list. This is a series that I have been meaning to read FOREVER. The last book of the series came out in February of 2017, which I bought. Sadly, the whole series is still sadly sitting on my tablet awaiting my eyes.

3. Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2) by Kiersten White



Goodreads

The first book in this series was incredible! I really have no reason why this is still sitting unread on my bookshelf.

4. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare


This is a series that I vowed to finally read in 2017. Did I? Yeah, no. Thankfully this is one of the first books that I started for 2018 and I am currently in the middle of it! =D (I needed more happy faces in this post of sadness and woe!)

5. The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch #1) by Rin Chupeco


I am feeling a little more guilty about this one. I received an ARC of this book and I still haven't read it. =(

6. Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater


I started this series earlier in 2017, but I never picked it back up despite my yearning to finish the story. 

7. Roar (Stormheart #1) by Cora Carmack


Oh, woe is me. Another ARC that I did not get to in 2017. And this series is one that I have been so excited for.

8. Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park #1) by Michael Crichton


Yes, I know. I haven't read Jurassic Park yet. I actually owned this book when I was a teenager, but never ended up reading it. I had planned on reading more adult books since almost all of the books I read are YA books. That is one of my 2018 reading resolutions.

9. The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #2) by Michael Scott


The first book in this series is one that I read to my children at bedtime. We started off 2017 reading this one as well, but life got in the way. I actually borrowed the audio version of this book from the library hoping that we could listen to it in the car, but it didn't happen.

10. The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien




I have picked this book up so many times only to put it back down again. I don't know why. I have read The Hobbit three times! And I love the story behind these books. Maybe 2018 will prove that I can finish it!


What are some of the books that you meant to get to in 2017 but didn't? Feel free to link me to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

1 comments:

  1. I've for some reason only got as far as book 2 with the Raven Boys books as well! I read the Dream Thieves all the way back in 2016, and just haven't got round to reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue yet. Hopefully we'll both get to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design