Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Bookish Resolutions/Goals


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created in June of 2010 by The Broke and the Bookish and passed to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Each week there is a different question for bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is "Top Ten Bookish Resolutions/Goals". 

1. Read 120 Books.


I am upping my goal from 2017 from 90 to 120. There was a good portion of 2017 that I hardly read anything due to life situations, so I think that I can pull this off!

2. Write reviews as soon as I finish reading.

There are so many books that I have read that never got reviewed. If too much time passes and the book isn't fresh in my mind then I don't feel comfortable leaving a review. There is no reason why I shouldn't be posting a review for every book that I read. 


3. Post my reviews to my blog, Goodreads, Amazon, etc.

If I do write a review I sometimes only post it to Goodreads and leave my blog sadly waiting for me to come and play. I want to be more consistent in posting to all platforms that I use.

4. Read more than just YA.

I love YA books, but I can't help but squirm at the thought of missing out on an awesome story because I am sticking to YA books. I want to branch out and try some adult books. I'm a big girl and it's time to put on my big girl panties. 

5. Read more classics. 

I feel a little uncultured. There are so many classics that I wish I would have been made to read in school. I didn't read a single classic last year. I can't even think of any that I have read offhand, and this is unacceptable to me. 

6. Read more ARCs and Netgalley titles.

I got a little behind last year due to some extreme life circumstances. I am vowing to read ARCs and Netgalley titles every month and try not to request more in the meantime. 

7. Read more Kindle Unlimited titles.

I pay for a KU subscription each month and so far it feels like money wasted. I have read a few titles, but it doesn't equal anywhere near what I pay for. I like being able to borrow titles on KU whenever I like and there are many titles on KU that I really want to read. 

8. Read at least one full series per month.

I am a series fanatic and there are so many series that I need to finally read. 


9. Read at least one graphic novel or trade paperback per week.


I did pretty well on reading graphic novels and trade paperbacks last year and I hope to do just as well this year.

10. Read more indie books.

I sometimes focus too much on mainstream books when there are oodles of indie books out there that I want to read and that need my love. 




What are some of your 2018 bookish goals? Feel free to link me to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

2 comments:

  1. Love these goals! I am also trying to post more reviews on Good Reads I just always seem to forget!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I manage to write a review instead of putting it off, I never have an issue with posting to Goodreads. It's all the other places that get tedious for me. =P

      Happy reading to you as well!

      Delete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design