Monday, January 15, 2018

Bout of Books 21 Wrap Up Post

Bout of Books

Bout of Books 21 has come to an end. Here are my final reading totals for the week.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 8th and runs through Sunday, January 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 21 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

GOALS

- Finish reading Lailah (The Styclar Saga #1) by Nikki Kelly.
I finished Lailah!
- Read daily.
There was one day I did not get to read anything since I was sick. 
- Finish 2-3 more books this week. 
I finished 2 more books!

So I guess not too bad. I accomplished 2 out of 3 goals so I call that a win!

WEEKLY PROGRESS SUMMARY

Total pages read: 950
Total time spent reading: 28 hours + 15 minutes
Books I completed: 3
Lailah (The Styclar Saga #1) by Nikki Kelly, Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare, The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black


DAILY PROGRESS

MONDAY
Today’s goals: Finish Lailah (The Styclar Saga #1) by Nikki Kelly

Currently reading: Lailah (The Styclar Saga #1) by Nikki Kelly, Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare, The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black, The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Pages read today: 191 
Time spent reading today: 4 hours + 30 minutes
Books completed today: 1

Today’s notes: I finished the book that I meant to finish today. Yay!

TUESDAY
Today’s goals: Make a dent in one of my other reads.

Currently reading: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare, The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black, The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Pages read today: 49
Time spent reading today: 2 hours
Books completed today: 0

Today’s notes: Not the best reading day, but it could have been worse. I was recovering after having an outpatient medical procedure done yesterday, so I can't be too hard on myself. =P I did well considering. 

WEDNESDAY
Today’s goals: Finish Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare OR read 20% of The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Currently reading: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare, The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black, The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Pages read today: 82
Time spent reading today: 2 hours + 40 minutes
Books completed today: 0

Today’s notes: Well, I didn't finish my book before midnight, but I probably will before morning. =P

THURSDAY
Today’s goals: Finish Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

Currently reading: Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare, The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black, The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Pages read today: 294
Time spent reading today: 8 hours + 40 minutes
Books completed today: 1

Today’s notes: I had a rather productive reading day, and I even managed to complete my daily goal! Woot!

FRIDAY
Today’s goals: Read 50% of The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black

Currently reading: The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black, The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

Pages read today: 161
Time spent reading today: 5 hours + 10 minutes
Books completed today: 0

Today’s notes: Not terrible today. Could have been better, but eh. I am over halfway through reading The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black so that's good. 

SATURDAY
Today’s goals: Finish The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black, try to get through as much of Roar (Stormheart #1) by Cora Carmack as possible

Currently reading: The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black, The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima, Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare, Roar (Stormheart #1) by Cora Carmack

Pages read today: 173
Time spent reading today: 5 hours + 15 minutes
Books completed today: 1

Today’s notes: Yay! I finished The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black! 

SUNDAY
Today’s goals: Finish Roar (Stormheart #1) by Cora Carmack

Currently reading: The Demon King (Seven Realms #1) by Cinda Williams Chima, Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare, Roar (Stormheart #1) by Cora Carmack

Pages read today: 0
Time spent reading today: 0
Books completed today: 0

Today’s notes: Well, today was my least productive reading day by far. My little one and I were sick today, so I didn't get any reading time in. 


6 comments:

  1. Great job on your accomplishments! You totally killed it this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I did much better this time around that I have on previous BoB attempts! =P

      Delete
  2. Excellent reading! Nice book choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT CONGRATS, VANESSA! <3 I didn't do the challenge myself since I'm a slow reader and cannot take pressure at all, but you did great finishing three books! What did you think of The Cruel Prince? :)

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I actually managed to do fairly well this time around on Bout of Books, but attempts in the past have not been so fruitful. =P I am the same way in regard to pressure, but on the other hand I am a challenge fiend. Go figure. =]

      OMG, I loved The Cruel Prince! I haven't actually read many books where fae are involved, other than Sarah J. Maas and Cassandra Clare, so this book was really an eye opener for me. I loved the world so much. If anything, reading this has opened me up to reading more fae books. I am thinking of trying The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. Do you have any recommendations? What did you think of The Cruel Prince?

      Delete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design