Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten (or so) Books I Hope Santa Brings


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is "Top Ten (or so) Books I Hope Santa Brings". 

Picking only ten books that I wand to Christmas was harder than I thought it would be. Do I choose books that I have already read (ie. borrowed from the library or purchased ebook since I'm impatient), or do I choose books that I haven't read yet at all? I decided to make it a combination. 


1. A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas




I have read these and I need the physical copies on my shelf!
My review can be found here, here, and here.

2. Wintersong (Wintersong #1) by S. Jae-Jones




This book is one that I have not yet had the pleasure of reading, but I have a feeling that this book is something special. This book is supposed to be a Labyrinth retelling/re-imagining/or inspired by Labyrinth, and Labyrinth just happens to be my favorite non-animated movie, okay? I must have this book!

3. Royal Bastards (Royal Bastards #1) by Andrew Shvarts


This is a book that was on last week's list, but it's well deserved. I loved this book and the sequels to it were announced too! 
My review can be found here.

4. The Witchlands series by Susan Dennard



This is one of those series that I am ashamed to say that I have not yet started. Which is crazy because I know so much about the books and the world from the books. How can you be a fangirl of something that you haven't even truly appreciated yet? Well, that's where I stand at the moment. These books should totally be on my shelf, so if Santa wants to bring these for me then I will be the nicest girl on the nice list this Christmas!

5. The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer



Okay, so Fairest is the only book that I have not read from The Lunar Chronicles series. I only own physical copies of Winter and Stars Above. I NEED to finish this collection, okay? This is one of my all-time favorite series to date! And yes, I count the Wires and Nerve series as part of the Lunar Chronicles series. Iko is love!
My review for Wires and Nerve can be found here.

6. The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare



As shameful as I feel over this, the only Cassandra Clare books that I have read are The Mortal Instruments series and Tales From Shadowhunter Academy. I know pretty much everything there is to know about the Shadowhunter world and all its books, but I still have not read this series for myself. I will remedy that in 2018 regardless if Santa brings these to me or not. 

7. The Young Elites series by Marie Lu



More of the shame game here. I loved Marie Lu's Legend series and was waiting for the entire series for The Young Elites to come out before I read it. The last book has been out for a while, and I still have not picked this series up. I only own the second book so far. I need to knock out this series and put these pretties on my shelf and SOON. Her newest book Warcross just came out, and her next book comes out in January! I need to play some serious catch-up. 

8. The Razorland series by Ann Aguirre

 
 



This is another one of my all-time favorite series and some of my all-time favorite book covers! The fourth book was recently released and I have yet to read that one, but I have read the original three books. I adore them! These will one day be on my shelf, no mistake about it.


9. Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore, illustrated by Brian Bolland, and introduction by Tim Sale




I am a huge Batman fan. If you have ever seen my Goodreads shelf then you will see that it is littered with Batman books that I have read. Sadly, this one is not on the read list. 

10. Harry Potter Box Set by J.K. Rowling



I have longed for this hardcover box set for ages! I only have paperback copies, and they are mostly ones that I have found at thrift stores. This is probably my dreamiest gift on the list. =P


What are some of your Christmas list book wishes, or just some books that you have on your wishlist? Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design