Thursday, March 18, 2021

Review: Vow of Deception (Deception Trilogy #1) by Rina Kent


Title: Vow of Deception
Series: Deception Trilogy #1
Author: Rina Kent
Publisher: Rina Kent
Published: March 15, 2021
Pages: 292
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Dark Romance, Mafia Romance
Source: ARC

My husband. My tormentor.

The most notorious man in the city offers me a job.
Act as his dead wife.
Adrian Volkov isn’t the type of person who takes no for an answer.
He commands with an iron fist and all his orders are met.
When he approaches me with the offer, I have two options.
Go to prison or put myself under his wrath.
I choose to have a roof over my head. What’s so hard about acting, right?
Wrong.
The moment I step into his wife’s shoes, everything spirals out of control.
My only way of survival is through Adrian.
Or is it?


MY REVIEW

Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

I was in the biggest bookish reading slump before I read this book. Vow of Deception totally revitalized my bookishness. There's something to be said about a really well-written story. Not only did this story pull me in and consume my mind but it also kept my attention throughout the entire story. Rina Kent has a wonderful talent for latching the reader onto a story with her unpredictable plots, compelling ideas, and interesting characters. Once you pick up one of her books you just can't put it down until you've consumed it. This book was no exception.

Kent writes characters that just speak to your soul. I have no idea how she perfects these characters but she manages to do it every single time without fail. Adrian was the perfect alpha male. Everything about him screamed dominance. Intermingled with all his intensity are so many secretive things about him and I can't wait to uncover them. And I adored Winter. She is also very mysterious and I am excited for the series to shine more light on her. A lot of pain surrounds her and there's just so much more to her than meets the eye.

I loved how intense and all-consuming the chemistry between Adrian and Winter was. The back and forth between them was tantalizing. Adrian always has to be in control but Winter seems to defy him at every turn. This part of her personality seems to stem from the fact that she was homeless and that made her a survivor. She is certainly not used to Adrian's controlling nature. When they are together their chemistry is undeniable. You'll have to fan yourself from all the heat radiating off these two.

Overall, this is a story that will get under your skin. It's gritty, raw, and ever so pleasantly dark. If you are a fan of dark romance then you will want to add this book to your shelf. I can't wait for the next book in this series!


Rina Kent is an author that I know will impress me each and every time I pick up one of her books. Who are some of your go-to or auto-buy authors and what do you love about them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design