Thursday, November 15, 2018

Review: Broken Love (Blinded Love #2) by Stacey Marie Brown

Title: Broken Love
Series: Blinded Love #2
Author: Stacey Marie Brown
Publisher: Stacey Marie Brown
Published: November 14, 2018
Pages: 313
Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Source: ARC 

Life shattered my bones, now it wants to break my heart.

Jaymerson Holloway thought all her grief and pain were behind her. Unfortunately, life has other ideas.

Where stories don’t end happily. 

Where hearts shattered into pieces and love slips through your fingers.

Leaving everything behind to follow her dreams, Jaymerson travels to Italy, where she learns to stand on her own, move on with her life, and open her heart to another. But nothing prepares her for seeing Hunter’s life explode over the TV screen and watching his success, which comes with lots of women wanting a piece of The Haze. Crueler is the agony of seeing him fall in love with another. But that isn’t even the worst of it.

When she returns home and their paths cross, they are no longer the same people. The old animosity they once felt for each other flares the ties between them. Especially when more secrets and truths are uncovered. 

Like moths to flames, their undeniable chemistry continues to pull them to each other and tangle their lives together, even though it will only end in heartbreak and sorrow.


Don’t miss the second installment of the Blinded Love Series, the final story of Jaymerson and Hunter, but don’t despair. Stevie is up next in the third book, Twisted Love.


Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo

MY REVIEW
This review MAY contain SPOILERS. Read at your own risk.

Wow, when I went into this series I had no idea that these books would come to mean so much to me. This book far surpassed the first book, which is saying a lot since it was pretty epic. This book series has pulled out my heart, shattered it, taped it back together, broken it some more, and healed again the way that only a climactic and emotional story can. Contemporary books are usually hit or miss with me. I generally don't care for them but once in a while, I will read one like this series that will blow me away. I am very impressed with this series. 

The plot of this book and this series so far as a whole really blew me away. There is so much drama and so much heartache wrapped inside this series. One of the things that I love best about Brown's books is the incredible plots. She is always creative and clever with the construction of her stories. There will always be plot twists that you will never see coming and wonderful foreshadowing. I get so giddy inside just thinking about reading one of her books because I know that I will be glued to the pages. 

The other thing that I feel is synonymous with Brown's books is her complex character building. The characters in her books are always, always special. They have depth and incredible character growth. This book is no different. I felt so connected to these characters. Like I was living this story with them and through them. I felt everything they felt and experienced everything with them. These characters feel very personal. The character growth in this book, in particular, is astounding when compared to where these characters were in the first book. The chemistry between these characters is so electric and brilliant. When you stop reading you will not want to let these characters go. I still can't stop thinking about them.

The world-building was changed up a bit in this book because the main character lives in Italy for a few years. Even though this is a contemporary, Brown does an excellent job of putting the reader in the character's environments. You will get the small town vibe when the characters are in their hometown, you will feel the magic of Italy when the main character is living there, and you will feel all of the little things in between. 

The romance in this book and this series is absolutely amazing. I mean, there are hardly words to describe it and any that I come up with will pale in comparison to the reality. The romance in this book will make you believe in true love. With all of the drama and obstacles that the main characters have to face and conquer so that they can be together is just plain inspiring. There is so much pain and suffering, but there is also joy and a sense of completeness. My heart was definitely rocked by this love story. 

Overall, this is another fantastic book by Stacey Marie Brown! She never ceased to amaze me with her compelling plots, vibrant characters, and beautiful storytelling. This is a story that will definitely sit on my heart for a long while. This is the kind of story that you will reread for the feels. To experience them again. If you want a shocking and beautiful love story then you'll want to pick up this series. I recommend all of Brown's books. Her storytelling is among my favorites. 

I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. My opinions are my own.



THIS BOOK CONTRIBUTED TO THESE 2018 READING CHALLENGES
- A Series A Month Challenge
- 2018 New Release Challenge
- Contemporary Romance Challenge
- Let's Read Indie Challenge
- Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge
Check out my 2018 Challenge Page to see my progress!


What was the last read that shattered you and then put you back together? Or recommend a good contemporary for me! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design