Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire #1) by Jessica Cluess

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're super jazzed about.



Title: A Shadow Bright and Burning
Series: Kingdom on Fire #1
Author: Jessica Cluess
Publisher: Random House BFYR
Publication Date: September 20, 2016
Pages: 416
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Historical Fiction

Synopsis


I am Henrietta Howel. The first female sorcerer. The prophesied one. Or am I?

Henrietta Howel can burst into flames. When she's brought to London to train with Her Majesty's sorcerers, she meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, young men eager to test her powers and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her. As Henrietta discovers the secrets hiding behind the glamour of sorcerer life, she begins to doubt that she's the true prophesied one. With battle looming, how much will she risk to save the city—and the one she loves?



My Thoughts

This book sounds just incredible! I adore historical young adult fantasies! The cover is breathtaking as well. I think most of all, I am looking forward to hearing a new voice in young adult literature. I have so many favorites, and I would love to add another to my list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design