Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Facts About Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a different question for bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is "Ten Facts About Me". I admit to having a bit of anxiety about this topic. I mean, what ten things can I pinpoint about myself? After giving it some thought, I have decided to include bookish facts and non-bookish facts about myself. Here we go!


Bookish Facts

1.

I am a series junkie!! My favorite things to read is an entire series in one go. I don't know if I just can't wait for a conclusion, or just enjoy knocking out series on my TBR list all at once, but I am obsessed. I typically read one to two series every month from my TBR list.

2.

I am a sucker for science fiction, fantasy, and dystopian books. The farther from (our) reality a book is, the better in my opinion. Reading is an escape for me.

3.

I have never had the pleasure of going to a book event, but I am DYING to go to one! I am going to try and plan for one in 2017. Living in the middle of the country, events just don't come around this way. I will definitely have to travel to attend a book function.

4.

Falling in line with the last fact, I have never met an author in person before. I fear that I would fangirl like the dickens and embarrass myself. =P I would still like to meet my favorite authors and share how much joy their books brought to my life.

5.
My love of reading came to me from my grandmother. She lived right next door to me my entire childhood. She had a small library in her house. An entire room devoted to books. It was magnificent! There were HUGE bookcases surrounding the walls with all of her favorite books. She would take me to the used book store, all of the chain book stores, and the specialty book stores every single week. And for us, that meant driving at least an hour since we lived out in the country. We would even stop at department stores like Wal-Mart and scour their book sections. She would buy me all the books that I wanted each week. During the summer when there was no school to attend, I would sit with her and read. We would take breaks to bake cookies and chat about the interesting things from our books. We ended up with so many inside jokes from books that we carried with us over the years. 

Non-Bookish Facts

6.

I am from Kentucky (USA), but I have lived in Omaha, Nebraska (USA) since I was 19 years old. 

7.

My husband and I married on Halloween, because it is my favorite holiday. Our wedding was non-traditional with Halloween decorations and a Gothic purple and black dress.

8.

At the end of August I will be 33 years old. I have many piercings ( I'm still wondering if I will every outgrow them) and my hair is always a different color. Right now my hair is blue.

9.

I have four awesome children that blow my mind every single day. Xander, 11, Lennon, my only daughter, 10, Maddox, 8, and Rex, 5. My children all have more than one middle name. They each have at least one nerdy reference in their names because their father and I are complete nerds. =P

10.

I was not born in a hospital or birthing center. I came out of nowhere one morning surprising my parents at home. My mother felt no labor pains, so she didn't know that she was having a baby. (And I was her first baby, so she didn't know what to expect.) I just plopped right out without any pushing, right on the bathroom floor. 



So there you have it. Ten facts about me. Did you relate to any of the bookish facts about me? Did any of my Non-bookish facts shock you? Feel free to link you your Top Ten Tuesday post so that I can learn more about you as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design