Saturday, April 2, 2022

Six Degrees of Separation - April 2022



Six Degrees of Separation is a monthly meme hosted by Kate @ Books Are My Favourite and Best. You can check out her post to learn more about the meme but the general idea is to take the current month's chosen book and link six other books to it creating a chain from book to book. 

Here are the rules from Kate's blog:

How the meme works

Books can be linked in obvious ways – for example, books by the same authors, from the same era or genre, or books with similar themes or settings. Or, you may choose to link them in more personal ways: books you read on the same holiday, books given to you by a particular friend, books that remind you of a particular time in your life, or books you read for an online challenge.

A book doesn’t need to be connected to all the other books on the list, only to the ones next to them in the chain.

How to Join the Meme

Each person’s chain will look completely different.  It doesn’t matter what the connection is or where it takes you – just take us on the journey with you. Don’t worry if you haven’t read the first book either: you can always find ways to link it based on your expectations/ideas about it.

Join in by posting your own six degrees chain on your blog and adding the link in the Linky section (or comments) of each month’s post. If you don’t have a blog, you can share your chain in the comments section. You can also check out links to posts on Twitter using the hashtag #6Degrees

----------

This month's book is  Our Wives Under the Sea by Julia Armfield. 

While I've not heard of this book, the aquatic setting and horror/mystery nature of the book reminds me of Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh.

Fear the Drowning Deep has a historical aspect since it is set in 1913. I've always loved fantasy or paranormal stories that take place in a historical setting. Another book that I enjoyed that does this is The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman. 

The Dark Days Club has the word 'dark' in the title and so does Dark Arts and a Daiquiri by Annette Marie. 

Dark Arts and a Daiquiri has a character in it that is a druid and so does West by Stacey Marie Brown. 

Whenever I hear the word West I am always reminded of one of my all-time favorite YA romances, P.S. I Like You by Kasie West. 

P.S. I Like You has characters that share a love of the same music band. So naturally, it brings one of my favorite rockstar romances to mind, Final Serenade by N.N. Britt.


There you have it! This week's chain. Can you believe that all these different books could be linked? If you've read any of the books featured then let me know! Feel free to comment with your Six Degrees of Separation chain.


2 comments:

  1. Really lovely chain. I don't know any of these books, but I can see they're not in genres I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, this is definitely a very varied chain of books. I read in a lot of different genres. =)

      Delete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design