Monday, October 16, 2023

Audiobook Review: Two Wrongs Make a Right (The Wilmot Sisters #1) by Chloe Liese

Title: Two Wrongs Make a Right
Series: The Wilmot Sisters #1
Author: Chloe Liese
Publisher: Berkley
Published: November 22, 2022
Pages: 326
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Retelling
Source: Audiobook
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Opposites become allies to fool their matchmaking friends in this swoony reimagining of Shakespeare’s beloved comedy, Much Ado About Nothing.

Jamie Westenberg and Bea Wilmot have nothing in common except a meet-disaster and the mutual understanding that they couldn't be more wrong for each other. But when the people closest to them play Cupid and trick them into going on a date, Jamie and Bea realize they have something else in common after all—an undeniable need for revenge.

Soon their plan is in place: Fake date obnoxiously and convince the meddlers they’re madly in love. Then, break up spectacularly and dash their hopes, putting an end to the matchmaking madness once and for all.

To convince everyone that they’ve fallen for each other, Jamie and Bea will have to nail the performance of their lives. But as their final act nears and playing lovers becomes easier than not, they begin to wonder, what if Cupid’s arrow wasn’t so off the mark? And what if two wrongs do make a right?


I can't believe that I have never read a book by Chloe Liese before this one because, wow, this book was god-tier excellent. I have been lusting over its unbelievably gorgeous cover since the cover was revealed and I had a feeling that this book was going to rock my socks. My socks have been thoroughly rocked right off. 

Here's my little checklist of awesome:
- a polished writing style that spoke to me from the first page
- an assortment of my favorite tropes that were implemented phenomenally
- distinct and unique characters that jumped off the page
- one of the absolute best opposites-attract stories that I've ever read
- heartwarming and accurate neurodivergent and anxiety representation
- a couple that couldn't be more perfect for each other and that complement each other to a T
- vibrant secondary characters
- smexy times that were hot as hell, authentic to the characters, and had me holding my breath
- a plot that was executed perfectly and kept me glued to the pages

Overall, this is one of the best romance books that I have read. It is definitely a top read for 2023 for me. I am so eager to read more from this author. I can't wait until this fall when the second book in this series is released. Until then I have several backlist titles to keep me busy. I can't recommend this book enough!


What was the last 5+ star book that you read? What makes a book really stand out to you?

2 comments:

  1. A million times yes to this being one of the most fabulous opposites-attract story out there! It was done so brilliantly and I loved this book so much! My last 5 Star read was LL's latest, Emergency Contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. Agreed. Two Wrongs Make a Right was definitely outstanding! I have been wanting to check out Emergency Contact. It sounds so interesting and I love the cover.

      Delete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design