Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week there is a different question for bloggers to ponder over. 

This week's topic is "Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read". 


1. Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate


Everyone has read this series except for me. I will get to it one of these days. Scout's honor. =P

2. The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien


This is probably my most epic fail of my TBR. Am I the only one? I have started this book so many times and I never manage to get through it. I WILL read this series. I WILL. (Won't I?)

3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Goodreads

Another classic that I need to shave off my TBR. But it's so looooong. 

4. The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon #2) by Dan Brown



Yeah, I've never read this. And I can hardly remember the movie if I'm being honest. EVERYONE has read this book. I need to be brave and leave my fantasy worlds behind for just a few days and knock this one off the TBR. 

5. Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales #1) by Holly Black


This was one of the first young adult titles to grace my TBR list. It is still one that I desperately want to read. Anyone else need to read this?

6. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens


I am quite ashamed that this one is on this list. I have come to the conclusion that the public school system is in a precarious state because most of the classics that I should have read in school I was never made to read. This being one of them.

7. Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park #1) by Michael Crichton


This one has been on my TBR since I was an 11-year-old in the nineties. Yeah, I'm old. And so is my TBR list. This book will bring me joy one of these days if I can get around to it.

8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky


This book has been on my TBR since high school. And I graduated high school in 2001. Yeah. That long. I remember my best friend reading it and praising it over and over and I still never got around to reading it. -le sigh-

9. Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick


Another popular young adult paranormal book that I have yet to read. This has been here forever.

10. Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles #1) by Anne Rice





Yet another older title from my middle school days. I had all of the Anne Rice books on my shelves when I was 12, but I never picked the first one up! This is a series that I definitely have to make time for.


What are some of the books that have graced your TBR list the longest? Any of them that you are particularly razzled about? Feel free to link me to your Top Ten Tuesday post!

4 comments:

  1. I have books that have been on my list for probably over a decade. Some of mine are the same as yours- Anne Rice, Dickens, and Narnia. I've also been meaning to read Middlemarch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried reading LotR years ago but couldn't get into it. One of these days I'm going to try again. Similarly, I started the Chronicles of Narnia but never finished the series (even though I liked it). So many books!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the Fallen series. Read them all, and wish the movie had happened. I read LOTR and Narnia in my youth (very long ago). Same with Dickins. I loved Perks. I read that because of my daughter, and I have to say, it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice top ten list, I like this share as I haven't been reading too much lately.

    ReplyDelete

 

Layout graphics by Fangirl Faction Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design